4th gear crunching!!!

Started today, feels bad when changing 3rd to 4th only. Is this a characteristic as it was all fine until today.

No not a characteristic.

If its anything like mine it will only crunch at a certain rpm, mine crunches 2nd to 3rd above 3,500rpm

Sounds like your box is on its way out like mine.

Yep should be covered, as long as they can replicate the problem then they should replace it.

I am yet to get mine booked back to have it looked at, I should really as its 2 years old at the end of the month

My gears used to crunch from 1st to second and sometimes to 3rd but only changing up.
Had it to Renault but they could never fault it; i hate the local dealer so much!
It seems to have stopped doing it for now, bet it starts again once the warranty runs out in January!!

Changing into 2nd is quite stiff on mine still, sometime i can't get in gear at all - anyone else got this problem?

Nop my gearbox is sweat as a nut, goes into to gear fine just crunches as above.

Any crunching from the gearbox is not good, I would take it back if its still doing it and demand its fixed, take one of them out and show them what its doing.

It will only get worse and you don't want to be stuck with a big bill when it goes completely out of warranty.

I have found that ringing RUK gets the ball rolling rather quickly, not the best way to makes friends though.

sounds very much like my scenario. they changed box i changed clutch they were reluctant to even do that as they said it was a worn clutch that caused excessive gearbox wear.

I DID have issues with 1st to 2nd but have found if youre a bit ham fisted/forceful when changing 1st to 2nd it never notches/sticks.

But it still catches me sometimes when just pootling about, just seems a bit reluctant to go 1st to 2nd .

I DID have issues with 1st to 2nd but have found if youre a bit ham fisted/forceful when changing 1st to 2nd it never notches/sticks.

But it still catches me sometimes when just pootling about, just seems a bit reluctant to go 1st to 2nd .

I got RUK involved, got into huge arguments with the Idiots at Evens Halshaw Renault (never go there) and they took it out for numerous drives but could never fault it. As i didn't buy the car from them they have been fobbing me off on a number of issues for months.

Still to fix:
Drivers door check strap.
Passenger door locking button doesn't work.
Windscreen washers only work intermittently.
Intermittent gearbox crunching.

I'll be trying Gordon Lamb in Chesterfield next! :angry:

It seems fine under 3500 revs. But as with all 197/200 owners, changing this early is against RS rules :tongueout:anic: