6.5" speakers?

Has anyone fitted 6.5" speakers into the clio? Obviously would need some custom baffles but just want to know if there is actually space for them?

standards are 13cm but after research, some people have fitted 6.5" and even 8" with baffles!

Whilst on this subject, has anyone done a how-to on removing the door cards?

I will be fitting my DLS 6.5" components (when i get the time!)

13cm are the standard fit, but apparently the standard speakers only have two tabs, so a bit of cutting may be required on the new speakers. pioneer do ones that fit straight in, but they're not for me. Id rather have the 6.5's if im going to the trouble of upgrading

Baffles should be easy to make. Heres some I did on an mx-5 to fit 8" co-ax's:

364f714a.jpg

09669401.jpg

And here are some slightly more involved angled ones for a corsa using mdf and fibreglass:

482415a8.jpg

b6abee67.jpg

32a81927.jpg

I like my music so would like biger but how will you make em fit?

I usually remove standard speaker and place new speaker in the right position to work out how much thickness I need to allow the speaker to not be too far in to hit window (depending on vehicle) and not too far out to hit door card. In the mx5 I didnt need an angle and didnt need it bringing out too far so just used a single piece of mdf. For the corsa I needed it bringing out, and needed an angle, so i used two baffles with the gap filled with fibreglass.

Auhh well the misses is gona be getin me a headunit and some gd sperkers so when uv done urs let me know how u get on and if it simple ill buy some 6s

No probs. I can knock baffles up if you require some. I will make a template when I do mine, so I can easily make more in the future.

No probs. I can knock baffles up if you require some. I will make a template when I do mine, so I can easily make more in the future.

That would be mint m8 just drop me a pm when ur doin it and we can sort somthing out will make life alot easyer for me as im ****e with a jigsaw lol

Let me know how it goes. I've got some 6.5" DLS components from the last car.

I took the speaker grill off the front speakers in the 197 and it looks like the speakers are actually attached to the door card in a cylindrical recess. I think fitting bigger speakers might require cutting the door cards but I don't really want to do this

That would be mint m8 just drop me a pm when ur doin it and we can sort somthing out will make life alot easyer for me as im ****e with a jigsaw lol

No probs matey..will do!

Let me know how it goes. I've got some 6.5" DLS components from the last car.

I took the speaker grill off the front speakers in the 197 and it looks like the speakers are actually attached to the door card in a cylindrical recess. I think fitting bigger speakers might require cutting the door cards but I don't really want to do this

I will have a look if I get chance tomorrow when swapping out the headunit.

I love all things DLS. The corsa I did had DLS comps, amp and sub and sounded awesome! They are so laid back and easy to listen too!

I was running a DLS CA41 amp, iridium mids and nobellium tweeters. It was indeed so so easy to listen to and not at all fatiguing. I think the only downside was they're not the most exciting speakers, I guess that comes with being easy to listen to.

For the clio i've been looking at some 13cm focals to run off the headunit, it would be so much easier than ripping everything apart to fit a wiring kit etc. Just wondering if the DLS are an easy fit, would save me a lot of money!

I thought I recognised your username off talkaudio!

Yer, im definately going with the dls's. Ive got a load of silent coat sound deadening sat here too, so need to work out how to strip the doors on these things down. I wont be going overboard with it tho in this car due to weight!

For the clio i've been looking at some 13cm focals to run off the headunit, it would be so much easier than ripping everything apart to fit a wiring kit etc. Just wondering if the DLS are an easy fit, would save me a lot of money![/QUOTE]

Howmuch will a set of 13mm focals set me back? Also cene as you guys are in the know got any ideas for a decent head unit but dnt want somthing that stands out to much from the dash

Depends what you want from the headunit to be honest. Do you need a cd mech? do you need ipod control? bluetooth?

Its a personal thing but I prefer pioneer and alpine. Both sound nice and full to me, with the alpines usually sounding a bit more clinical.

Some focal access 130 A1's will come in at about the 110 mark.