A good farewell to my 200

Paddy_R

Platinum Member
So the time had come to change the 200. It had been a great, reliable and enjoyable car over the past 3 years. Yes it had its quirks (cold starting anyone) but it was a great drivers car and I enjoyed pretty much every one of the 26,000 miles I covered in it. Was sad to see it go.

It was traded in against this today:

IMAG0527_1.jpg

Its a 2012, 2.0 TDi DSG Volkswagen Scirocco in candy white. Not as quick or as focused as the Clio but bags of torque and very comfortable to drive.

I'll still be checking in here on a regular basis though.

Last edited:
love a Scirocco..such a great looking car..would have gone with a petrol engine though..enjoy your new car..

The cheapness of a derv is very appealing to petrol heads. My mate had a type R for years and will love them till he dies, but the derv is just too much of an attraction.

Thanks for the comments. Reason I didn't got for an R is I was looking a change to something completely different. Also I recently bought a classic subaru Impreza which I'm restoring to a show standard car (its currently getting a full respray) which will be my 'fast' car.

Recent photo of the Scooby :

image3-20150409-170058989.jpg

Its going Mica Red (original colour).

Last edited:
I initially thought 'Oh dear me diesel?' but then I saw the subaru project. Nice one mate, please keep us updated with the progress.

The cheapness of a derv is very appealing to petrol heads. My mate had a type R for years and will love them till he dies, but the derv is just too much of an attraction.

I believe he meant Scirocco R not type R mate.

Paddy Im in Southern Ireland for 3 weeks touring round
[MENTION=36]Roy[/MENTION] Hope you get the weather mate as there are some spectacular sights down there. The West coast in particular (well for me anyway). Galway is a fantastic city and well worth a visit, as us the 'Burren' area which is like a moon scape.

Enjoy the roads and try not to curse at the standard of driving too much as it's terrible.

Shame to see the Clio go, but the Scirocco looks like a very nice replacement :smile: and the Impreza project sounds very interesting.

@Roy Hope you get the weather mate as there are some spectacular sights down there. The West coast in particular (well for me anyway). Galway is a fantastic city and well worth a visit, as us the 'Burren' area which is like a moon scape.

Enjoy the roads and try not to curse at the standard of driving too much as it's terrible.
paddy some of the roads were just crying out for the 197 they were epic.As for the driving of the locals left a bit to be desired lol but was ok 1500 miles with no incidents.

Similar Thread Suggestions