A little bit of track action...

...with a straightline run against a 350Z thrown in :evil:

Tip toeing around on my first dry session and I came across the Nissan. Looked to be a bit of a noob at Goodwood, but we had a good run down the start/finish straight.

I didn't do too bad until 4th gear came. Then he edged away.

[YOUTUBE]JgSmGqd1Ikc[/YOUTUBE]

There's much much work to be done come the spring, I have 3 seconds to find vs my Cup...and I think the 200 has more than that in hand :thumbup:

"who needs cup suspension?" Get out! :thumbdown:

Unfortunately gains are hard to come by on the 200 if your chasing power. You can improve the midrange power with your usual matched inlets + v6 box + remap etc but you wont really gain as much until you head into cams territory.

Last edited:
I can't tell from your vid where you are braking but I do brake much later and harder into the corners in the 200.

Must turn up to goodwood next year.

Good video, thought there'd be more in it in a straight line between a Clio and a 350Z!!! :smile:

There is allot of time to.be found in that video so with more driving time it will be alkot quicker

They had the megane 265 and nissan 370z on fifth gear last night, the megane was 2 seconds a lap quicker than the 370z despite being 60bhp down. So, I'm not surprised the 200 is a fairly good match to the 350z!

You'd be amazed at just how much extra power you need over another car to pass it on the straights of a circuit.

I've had this at Oulton, moved over to let a Caterfield through and then sat there for what seemed like an age waiting for it to pass!!! We were going up Clay Hill at the time though, but once he did pass me he didn't seem to pull away as quickly as I thought he would.

there realy is not a lot in it with the 200 and 350z on the twisty bends of the good old b roads but in a drag race the 350z would pull away and the big factor is who has the best driving skills.

Good stuff Mark.

Will have to try both do a day there at the same time in 2012. Would be nice to have a gentlemanly tussle (oo-er!!)

You'd be amazed at just how much extra power you need over another car to pass it on the straights of a circuit.

This is very true mate!! Remember being in a mates stage 2 meg and we were behind a 172 and seemed like forever to overtake it!! Hes a good driver as well!!

Helps to have good corner exit speed which because the Clio hangs on so well round a bend it manages to maintain it's speed so much better, even more so than the Meg i would imagine.

That 350Z did have more in a straight line but the way you were driving you could see you were faster over a lap (obviously)

You could see it when you caught him up, if that chicane was not there you'd have just flown by him