A wet road surprise

A little warning about what can happen on these icy/wet roads... I was driving home from Oxford when a Megane 225 trophy comes up behind. We go over a hill (at the speed limit) and he suddenly spears left into a hedge, rolls over onto the other side of the road and misses a huge tree by a metre or so and ends up way into a field. Somehow he's ok, as are his two dogs. Lucky guy! Sadly his amazing car is a wreck... Be careful on these roads at winter, it happens to the best handling cars too! I'm gonna say again, we were not driving like boy racers, It's quite shocking how easily this can happen. I'm assuming it was a mix of snapping the throttle shut, going over a crest and being on a wet road that caused it.

edit: If you happen to be on this forum, fair play for taking it so well!

71ixhg.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely incredible that when I walked up to the car he was standing there with his dogs on their leads with a tiny cut on his hand, considering his car looks like that. Testament to Renault safety!

Sure is.

Look on the bright side, there's another 225 engine out there waiting to go in a 197/200?

Worst time of the year for it to.

black ice? seems strange to just shoot off to one side like that in the wet...

I don't think it would be black ice, it was midday and it wasn't that cold, barely freezing. I nearly binned my car by violently shutting the throttle mid corner, I'm pretty sure that doing that mixed with wet road and going over the brow of a hill would do it

Went to the yorkshire dales today.

i pooteled along at 45-40 thinking i can see me coming upon a river off the hills frozen.

a golf git was soon at my trumpet gagging to pass.

he eventually did and pulling back in and shot off.

5 mins later he was reversing out of a bush.

glad the meg driver is ok.

Giles, as I said we weren't racing or going particularly fast, certainly not faster than the conditions should allow in these kind of cars. But that's why it was so shocking, you simply don't expect a 225 trophy to crash at those speeds (probs between 50-60mph)

Similar Thread Suggestions