AB 197 from Aus.

Numbnut

Platinum Member
Hi,

I'm from Sydney, Australia and have been creeping the forums for a few months now. Have some questions I want to ask so I thought I'd better introduce myself.
I picked up the 197 a few months ago from another Renault enthusiast. What a mad little car!
I had an Astra G prior to this with some basic mods so that wet the pallet for a hot hatch.
IMG_08611_zpsf564bf6a.jpg
Current mods are minimal but I don't have crazy big plans (at this stage) so it should be done inside of 12 months.
Replaced battery, tyres and have fitted a 200 rear diffuser.
IMG_0933_zps5d21c20c.jpgIMG_0935_zps59fd536e.jpg
Anthracite wheels match the diffuser nicely :clap:
I'll be posting up in the Audio section shortly. Choosing a head unit is proving to be a big decision.

Cheers,

Rick.

Thanks for the welcome :smiley:
@Matt, I couldn't believe my luck when the Anthracite diffuser came up for sale.

Thanks again chaps :smile:
I bought the car with the following mods.
1. Full Ozi-Cozi Ventureshield stone-chip protection
2. Freshly painted wheels in R27 anthracite
3. K&N panel filter
4. R27 (Cup) suspension
5. H&R 30mm lowering springs (matched with the R27 dampers)
6. RSTuner 98RON map - adds mid-range torque and flattens out the low-down torque hole
7. Darkest legal window tint - fitted at the dealer by the first owner
8. Centre resonator in the exhaust removed for a little bit of rasp to the exhaust note
9. AUX-in adapter
10. RENAULTsport steering wheel trim
11. Both main beam and high-beam globes replaced with Osram Nightbreaker plus
12. Full-size spare with OEM Continental tyre

^^ Don't mind my cut and paste from the original for sale ad.
Purchased from Walkie86 who is on here too. It's in great condition so the car was pretty much sold as soon as I saw it.

:welcome:mate, you will come to love your mad little car, they are just so addictive. Good luck with the mods mate.

:welcome: to the site dude.....ANOTHER Australian on here! There are quite a few of you now :smile:

(I think you need your own section in the regional section....and South Africa does too actually!)