Absent Wheel Jack

My 197 does'nt come with a wheel jack - at some point this will be a problem...

I was thinking of getting a spare wheel and tyre, but will also need to get a jack.

Any advice guys?

Do you all really usee tyre goop or have a spare knocking aboot?

Do you have a cup?

I bought mine from another member on here, a genuine renault one so it fits in the foam cover thing but i belive they are not the most sturdy of things.

Mines not a cup, but had everything bar the jack in the boot. Got the two cans in the boot too for a flat tyre.

I had a go at the car dealer and he took one out of a 1.2 clip he had there to, and chucked it in. #wining

My cup pack full fat RS200 came with no jack either.

neither has mine - although I have complained and now getting one for half price. Fair enough ..what's the point if no spare wheel some would say, but would still be nice to jack the car up if needed. Makes me laff how I have all the bits - like the wheel wrench for example - nice of them to put that in without a jack??

Cup chassis = foam and no jack.
Sport = jack

not sure about that. Think the dedicated cup has no jack..but ff with cup chassis should according to my Renault dealer. All have tyre foam as no spares provided so I believe. Could be wrong.

not sure about that. Think the dedicated cup has no jack..but ff with cup chassis should according to my Renault dealer. All have tyre foam as no spares provided so I believe. Could be wrong.

Sorry but you are wrong.

Tbh I think anything with cup chassis might come without it. My 197 cupped didn't have one, the 200 cupped doesn't and I'm sure my 265 trophy doesn't either.

172 cup and 182 cup/cupped did as I took it out and kept it to put in the 197 and then the 200.

I've got a trolly jack anyway and if I need one for the trophy tires can be a little bit of a problem to get hold of.

So I'd be stuck driving the 200 for a couple of days. Oh hard times, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but you are wrong.

Tbh I think anything with cup chassis might come without it. My 197 cupped didn't have one, the 200 cupped doesn't and I'm sure my 265 trophy doesn't either.

172 cup and 182 cup/cupped did as I took it out and kept it to put in the 197 and then the 200.

I've got a trolly jack anyway and if I need one for the trophy tires can be a little bit of a problem to get hold of.

So I'd be stuck driving the 200 for a couple of days. Oh hard times, lol

All I can say is that's what 'Renault' are telling me. Was also ticked on the checking of the car before I received it. FF 200 with cup chassis. They must be wrong.

Last edited:
Bet it doesn't last long. They will soon realise and take it out of it lol