Accelerator Pedal Travel

Put my foot down the other day, and noticed that when the pedal comes to a stop, if I apply a bit more pressure it goes down a bit further.

Almost feels like some sort of switch/button, although nothing happens at all. Thought it might be something to do with cruise control etc?

Anyone know what it's for?

doing that in mine it gives it an extra 500rpm and 10bhp :biggrin:
does that make it as powerful as our 182 then :-p

sorry couldn't resist.

Its for the speed limiter the car wont accelerate above the speed you have set unless you press the pedal into the "harder" portion of the travel.

does that make it as powerful as our 182 then :-p

sorry couldn't resist.

Its for the speed limiter the car wont accelerate above the speed you have set unless you press the pedal into the "harder" portion of the travel.

Haha thanks, I just tried it on my way home and I think it's because I've never used the speed limiter before that I didn't think it worked, but it did what you said!

Always wondered what that extra bit was for in the accelerator... Alot of my mates thought i was mad when i tried to explain lol.

If this extra travel is for cutting the speed limiter, why does my cup have it?

I definitely have this extra travel but I don't have a speed limiter or cruise control...

(Apologies for the thread resurrection!)

If this extra travel is for cutting the speed limiter, why does my cup have it?

I definitely have this extra travel but I don't have a speed limiter or cruise control...

(Apologies for the thread resurrection!)

it will be a "standard" part and wont be changed or modified for the cup spec cars thats all :group: