Acoustic removal

ill try and dig out the instructions from ITG ind. kit and type it up for you dude.. weekend more than likely

There are 2 screws on the right of the valve (can see the bottom one in this pic)

dsc00272d.jpg

Once these are removed the rubber U-bend hose just pulls straight off with a tug and twist. Are you planning on blanking it off with something or leaving it open??? I only ask as sucking in hot air form the engine bay won't be great for performance...

What's the general consensus about removing these? Does it really give a flat spot?

On the 182 it was purely for noise restriction and I removed it in the first week.

ill proberly close it of with something, as you said will pulll in the hotair. have no idea with what as yet tho
Just wanta see if it gives it a bit more roar tbh as people did this on the PH2 clios

Subject that keeps popping up. General opinions is leave it be as no type of mods or removals has any benefit to noise or performance.

Mine has been removed for several weeks now.
As posted above, remove the 2 bolts and its off.
I left the u bend pipe on and attached / extended it with a spare pipe down to the lower grill so only cold air goes into it.
(dispite what people will say) the car pulls better now and there are no flat spots.
Just to point out, i have an ITG filter in so how it will perform with the paper filter i do not know.

Likewise ^.

I have seen no gains, lets make that clear.. what it does do though is stop it heatsoaking with hard/track use. It's hard to measure at the moment as the temp is dropping all the time, which will make any car run better.

I've had no bad effects from removing it though.

Mine has been removed for several weeks now.
As posted above, remove the 2 bolts and its off.
I left the u bend pipe on and attached / extended it with a spare pipe down to the lower grill so only cold air goes into it.
(dispite what people will say) the car pulls better now and there are no flat spots.
Just to point out, i have an ITG filter in so how it will perform with the paper filter i do not know.

...can you post a pic?

I wasn't going to unlock my RStuner for my 200 but I might just to see if there is any difference. It'll tell me temps aswell.

I wasn't going to unlock my RStuner for my 200 but I might just to see if there is any difference. It'll tell me temps aswell.

let us know the results mate.
What set up have you got? (as in 1 x CAF and 1 x warm or 2 x CAF like mine)
I did run mine over a few days with all possible combos and found the 2 CAF the best.
Not noticed any probs with cold starting and running while its been sub zero as yet. (which i thought i would as there is no warm air getting to the air box at all)