Acoustic Valve

How do you disengage this? Can you just pull the narrow pipe off? Will this improve the induction note at all?

Just pull the pipe off (i have blocked mine with a bolt rather than just leave it open)
Induction note. . . . yes slight improvement, panel filter also helps.

Ha - you know when you just look at something and think "that doesn't need to be there..." yoink!

I did get a bit paranoid it was causing timing pull recently as it didn't feel right, but then I remembered he battery had been off and it was probably re-learning. It's fine again now.

So, in conclusion - does nowt.

Ha - you know when you just look at something and think "that doesn't need to be there..." yoink!

took my 2nd cold feed pipe off the other day as its in for service on saturday, wanted it to look OEM but only lasted 2 days and i put it back on again, the power drop was quite noticeable. Just going to leave it and see if Renault say anything about it.

No. 3. I'll have a looksie, got a lightweight battery on the cards so may as well go digging.

airm.jpg

there a thread that was recenty talking about the setup with diagrams ect.

1st things, sorry to Slime for taking over the thread (hopefully you will read it all and it shoud answer any other Q's you have)

Mike - going off the pic you posted should make it easier to find, looks to me like its going to be access from under the car, maybe under the battery area but i dont think you will get to it from the top.

...no probs...I am finding this very informative....from the diagram it looks like the whole sound proofing unit could just come off and replaced with a better cold air feed somehow such as a longer pipe towards the grill or even into the wheel arch.....I know this subject generates a load of debate.....

Yes, 2 bolts to remove with a cold feed down to the foglight opening. That's what we've done.

I got a spare airbox to see if I could straighten the bend out, but the battery box is in the way for now.

I had an idea but maybe too much messing, first do away with the 2 OEM feeds, takethe lid off the airbox and either MAKE a direct feed to the top of the airbox. Im sure there wont be any room to do this so my second thought was same idea only put an air scoop in the bonnet to feed the top of the airbox.

...no probs...I am finding this very informative....from the diagram it looks like the whole sound proofing unit could just come off and replaced with a better cold air feed somehow such as a longer pipe towards the grill or even into the wheel arch.....I know this subject generates a load of debate.....

its not a sound roofing unit the valve actually opens up at higher rpm controlled by vacuum and the ecu as stated on the other thread. me personnelly would leave it well alone.

its not a sound roofing unit the valve actually opens up at higher rpm controlled by vacuum and the ecu as stated on the other thread. me personnelly would leave it well alone.

Same here. The other thread about this shows that as you say it actually helps air intake at higher rpm! It's there to help!!!!!