AD08R Video Review

Took her for a quick blast on the Crickhowell Pass yesterday. Been really impressed with the set of ADO8Rs I've currently got on. Better than the AD08s I had on the old Pug by about 20%. See my 3 min review here.

All comments and criticism welcome :biggrin:

The AD08s were a great mixed road/track tyre and if they've improved them even a fraction they must be bloody good.

Nice review too :smiley: I guess you're using a GoPro camera in car? You can get rid of that clicking/clattery noise caused by the mount if you add a little bit of masking tape into the middle of the mount on the flat area :smile:

Been using them for about 18 month used 5 sets in 14 track days but have now got 3 sets there are still ok for a good few more laps , great tyres for the money I find me running 15s can get them at 240 fitted , will be trying nankangs next as they are a higher grade tyre , but yes a very good all round tyre ,

those are out of stock everywhere in germany and austria in 215/45r17. are they readily available somewhere in britain where they consider shipping to eu mainland as well?

Cool video, that road is not far from me, good fun. There's also a part of it where it's magic, you roll uphill!

I got some AD08R's fitted the other week and took them out for a decent drive for the first time last night and agree they are cracking tyres even over damp sections. Not tried full wet and standing water yet mind.

Your vid says you paid about £450, bloody good price, where from? I paid £528 :worried:

those are out of stock everywhere in germany and austria in 215/45r17. are they readily available somewhere in britain where they consider shipping to eu mainland as well?

[MENTION=4608]frediiii[/MENTION] Try www.camskill.co.uk , they ship to Europe. I use them regularly for tyres.

Edit: just checked and 4 of these would be just over £500 delivered to Austria. Actually annoyed me slightly checking that as delivery to Northern Ireland was more. Always know we hot ripped off on stuff like this.

Last edited:
[MENTION=4608]frediiii[/MENTION] Try www.camskill.co.uk , they ship to Europe. I use them regularly for tyres.

Edit: just checked and 4 of these would be just over £500 delivered to Austria. Actually annoyed me slightly checking that as delivery to Northern Ireland was more. Always know we hot ripped off on stuff like this.

Ah, good advice mate. Thanks. their shipping charges are half compared to those of demontweeks, so the set of 4 would be just 10€ more expensive then from the cheapest place in germany i found (where they don't even know when they will be back in stock again...)

Gotta love that weak islandmoney of yours :wink:

Am I dilusional? at 4am when I posted that comment I found the tires at camskill.co.uk. Now I went back to the site to order and they're gone! Please someone tell me I'm just too stupid to find them...

I got some AD08R's fitted the other week and took them out for a decent drive for the first time last night and agree they are cracking tyres even over damp sections. Not tried full wet and standing water yet mind.

For those interested in AD08R's, I went through masses of standing water today, bloody deep at times and often at high speed as I was on my way to and from Wilton House supercar breakfast this morning :smiley: Tyres were amazing and dealt with it all absolutely no problem, so I needn't have been hesitant about them in these conditions. I'll be buying these for as long as they make them as far as I'm concerned now, or the next iteration when they are replaced etc. Used to be a Yoko fan boy back in the days of A539's. Liked them once they'd scrubbed down a bit in the dry on track, when new the tread blocks squirm too much and overheat like a typical road tyre but at £40 a pop they were a proper bargain!

Well slightly disagree with the last post been using ad08s for 18 months on my track car and about 36 month on road cars , yes they can be better than what you
think on deep water , but be careful when you have took a couple of
mm off as they do struggle to disperse water at decent speed , some times they do
snap , pound for pound you will struggle
to buy better , I get mine for the same price as pradas , from ??? Don't laugh , national tyres ?? They beat camskills black circle etc , I pay prada prices and chuck
the manager a drink ,