Adjusting the headlight beams?

So got my new projectors in which are great, but drivers side lamp seems a lot brighter than the passenger side - I can see the reflection in cars in front of me, and had someone drive ahead to check them.

I've adjusted the beam up and down using the screw in the top of the headlamp, but can't seem to sort it, it's almost as if one lamp needs adjusting in a left to right motion but is this even possible?

If I took it to a garage to get the beam checked would they do anything different to them than what I can do?

This picture shows what I mean:

catandfiddle022medium.jpg

Last edited:
headlight will have up/down and left right as you need this for the beam cut-off and hot spot on the mot beam tester

the left/right adjust will be at rear and to the side of the lamp

headlight will have up/down and left right as you need this for the beam cut-off and hot spot on the mot beam tester

the left/right adjust will be at rear and to the side of the lamp

Ahh brilliant, thanks mate! I wasn't sure whether they were left/right adjustable or not, will have another go tomorrow!

i know it will sound daft but make sure the bulbs are in the holder correctly - you can sometimes get them out of line ! and that will play havoc with beam alingment

you can that mate. im on here 24/7 now I have the iphone its so addictive lol

if i get chance i will look at mine tomorrow

have you looked at the old lights you removed ???