ADO8R vs Piolet Sport 3s

I will be needing new tires soon.

I was thinking about either of these two. Hopefully in the next year I will be able to make it to a few track days, but the car will mostly be used for driving the 30 mile round trip to work, which can either be motorway or B road depending if I have time.

I also live in Scotland where it rains all the time, so some not bad wet grip would be appreciated., not that I need it to be perfect.

Any thoughts or other tire suggestions that would suit me? Cheers

I'm guessing these are premium range? I won't spend that sort of cash if so. I've got mid range on and they're good in the wet and popular with great reviews. Know you guys like to spend on your cars though. Mines happy with these. Wanted premium but at a £100 + per tyre, no chance.

Very different tyres really.... if you want wet grip performance, I'd recommend Eagle F1's (they come in cheaper than the PS3's)....if you want dry grip/track day performance then ADO8R's

Eagle F1's can be had for ~£72 from TyreLeader vs the Pilot Sport's ~£78

Last edited:
Ive been leaning towards the PS3s but the Eagles do look good. Never heard of those before (the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti), would probably prefer to stick to 215.

Any idea what the Eagles/PS3s are like on track?

Last edited:
Heard a lot of good things about Eagle F1's from friends. Had AD08R's and they did last quite a while to be honest. 6+ months for road use and I went on two mountain meets with them in Wales.

Can only say good things about the AD08's though. But it's a total waste if you don't warm them up. You won't even notice a difference from regular tyres if they're cold.

Currently leaning towards the Eagles. They seem a good compromise. Maybe not the best on track, but considering my level of skills it doesn't matter doubt I will be able to notice i.e. im a beginner

Last edited:
Very different tyres, so difficult to compare. However if I were in your position, and it was my daily driver i'd be opting for the Michellin's, I have them on my S40.

They handle 350lb-ft being thrown at them in all weathers, only letting go when being a moron with the throttle in inappropriate situations.

HOWEVER! they are TERRIBLE in low temperatures. Last winter I really struggled even with a tiny amount of snow. They are quite a soft tyre and in temps below about 5 degrees they get very hard. So much so that I am contemplating getting something different for the coming winter.

I know how to drive in snow, i've done it for years and this winter I got stuck multiple times on compacted snow even on slight inclines. Fetched the wifes car, and it managed it a breeze.

FFS there's no pleasing some people!

I'm fully aware that it's a summer tyre, however the fact that the OP is in one of the coldest places in the UK, I thought it worth mentioning that one of the tyres he is thinking about buying aren't great in cold weather.

I've used plenty of tyres in the past that are sold as 'summer' tyres. None of which have performed as badly as the PS3's in winter.

I have the Eagle F1 on mine and am very happy with them. Good all round grip in dry and wet - they performed very well at the weekend on the wet Dales run. Reasonably priced too.

Ultrac vorti are a very very good tyre, never had them on track so cant comment about them there, but on the road they're fantastic, just keep on gripping. I have a full set on the clio, and I have them on the front of the M3 too.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Wheels and Tyres 71