Aftermarket 197 Alloy Wheels ??

TBH this is a little unfair, I have the Pro Race on my 197 and the guys at DT aren't too off the mark. Look at the original offset and then you might understand the problem! It's not as simple as any 5x108 fitting, or at least is aint if you want them to sit under the arch and not catch.

Si Shaw, drop me an email if you're still interested and I'll get in touch with the guy that I used!!

Thanks guys,

mrdowns, I've just spoke to a guy at Tweeks' and given him Ryan197's sizes:

5 x 108, 17 x 7.5 with a 45ET .... they should be here in just over two weeks, fingers crossed they go on ok!! :smile:

Ryan197, is your car lowered at all? mine will have 20mm FRONT & 25mm REAR eibach lowering springs, so hope the outside of the wheel wont catch the arch ! lol

cheers

Si

mines lowered 40mm H&R springs, heres some pics

23072010078.jpg

23072010081.jpg

hpoe this helps

you might be better with dealing with rimstock directly and maybe cheaper too.

Thanks guys,

mrdowns, I've just spoke to a guy at Tweeks' and given him Ryan197's sizes:

5 x 108, 17 x 7.5 with a 45ET .... they should be here in just over two weeks, fingers crossed they go on ok!! :smile:

Ryan197, is your car lowered at all? mine will have 20mm FRONT & 25mm REAR eibach lowering springs, so hope the outside of the wheel wont catch the arch ! lol

cheers

Si

2 weeks is superb. So they said they can order them in that size? Might give them a ring and order a set.

Hope u dont mind me asking. How much did you pay?

yeah Rimstock may have been a good idea...
...anyway ive ordered them now, and plus tweeks are really local to me.. :smile:

...pretty confident they'll be fine now, especially if yours is dropped by 40mm

ta

yeah Rimstock may have been a good idea...
...anyway ive ordered them now, and plus tweeks are really local to me.. :smile:

...pretty confident they'll be fine now, especially if yours is dropped by 40mm

ta

I tried Rimstock and was told they dont deal with individual customers now.

just over 500, but im picking them up because I'm Local. So not mega cheap but fair.

I told them I needed them before 7th Sept because we're going a day at Silverstone on 9th. they rang Team Dynamics about the time scale first and rang me back to say it was fine, but normally its 21 days apparently.

Si

just over 500, but im picking them up because I'm Local. So not mega cheap but fair.

I told them I needed them before 7th Sept because we're going a day at Silverstone on 9th. they rang Team Dynamics about the time scale first and rang me back to say it was fine, but normally its 21 days apparently.

Si

That is quite expensive. I was quoted £469ish from a place in Glasgow called Alloywheel Mani.

Good luck getting them in 2 weeks. I've been waiting 5 weeks for my wheels so far. Apparently they are being delivered this week. It will be 6 weeks since they were ordered.

However, Rimstock (TD) in the UK had run out of casts, so had to wait for a fresh batch to be made. They then had to go through the machining process and coating etc.

Did you order them without the writing on the outer rims? I did with mine, so that might have pushed the date back further too.