Aftermarket seats - airbag light

Hey guys does anyone know or have a link to a resistor or something I can connect to the loose connector so the light goes out?

Your best bet is to pop in to a Renault dealer and ask them to take the airbag light of It's a lot cheaper than fitting a resistor.

But surely they can only take the light off with clearing the fault with a code reader? But then the fault will still be there? I doubt they would literally take the light out would they?

I know recaro do a resistor kit but I'm not sure if it only works if you've got their seats with airbag or not.

But surely they can only take the light off with clearing the fault with a code reader? But then the fault will still be there? I doubt they would literally take the light out would they?

The light has come on as standard seats have 1 more sub air bag under the seat your aftermarket seats do not so the airbag light will come on,I have just had this problem with fitting Recaros so i went to Renault to disable the sub airbag and take the light of.It cost £36 resistors cost £70.

airbag system doesnt work like that!

the faulty component has to be repaired/replaced or the system reconfigured to remove the light

the resistors replicate the missing item thats all so the system is fooled in to thinking all is ok and so the light goes out

Your Dealer can Program the Airbag out, he can Kill the Electric Circle and the Airbag itself with the CLIP Software. This is for sure, did this by myself :wink: