Air Con Problems

Ross

Paid Member
Had the air con re-gassed on 17th July, tried it in the car park and it seemed to work although wasn't very cold...thought this was normal so didnt say anything.

Cars in the garage (again) with Renault and they are saying the air con is empty, surely if it was a leak they would have noticed as they inject a dye into it when re-gassing do they not?

At the moment when you turn the air con on, the engine doesn't loose any power leading me to suspect the cars shut the air con down (as it apparently does when it runs out of gas)

I've got it booked in yet again for next Tuesday so they can try work out whats going wrong, does anybody have any ideas?

Any ideas?

could be a leak on a joint or a stone has hit and damaged the condenser causing it to leak, quite common a problem

The air con will only run if there is enough pressure in the system, due to the pressure switch to prevent the pump running dry, the dye is sometime green or purple it's more likely to be a hole in the condenser which is the radiator at the front if you look through your bumper

I had a different issue with my air con, it had a load of fault codes stored in the computer so even though I had correct pressure in the system it stool would work. I had to go to Renault dealer to get them to clear this using the clip system!

Could probably get a condenser fitted and re gassed for 250 at a guess think the part is over a hundred, I have fitted some mesh in front of mine to prevent more damage...

I just used a bit of the mesh that all the cool kids used to use by the acre on there huge saxo and corsa body kits ha ha