Air Deflectors...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
Alright guys, just after a bit of advice.

I've recently purchased and fitted some Renualt Air Deflectors to my 197. I've followed the instructions to a tee and used the fittings provided. However, I'm not sure I like how the black plastic clip sits outside the B-Pillar seal. Is there an alternative way to mount them without using this black plastic clip as I think it makes them look a bit cheap?

Cheers!!!

Will

hi Will,

i dont think there is mate, mine sits on the outside as well but it aint that noticable tho against the b-pillar.

Ah not to worry, cheers Chappo. I might just round the edges of the clips off a bit then, they look a bit like something a builder would use hahaha!!! Don't get me wrong, from 10 feet away you can't tell and they definately make a difference to wind noise. I was also thinking I could try and clip the edge of the defelctor into the window seal like how the rest of it goes, but I'm a bit worried about snapping something or scratching the windows...

Right, I've just removed the Defelctors and put them back on without those clips. The windows did catch on them slightly when putting them up as the Deflectors are now sitting within the seal like they do at the top.

I'll have a fiddle. :smile:

Right, I've just removed the Defelctors and put them back on without those clips. The windows did catch on them slightly when putting them up as the Deflectors are now sitting within the seal like they do at the top.

I'll have a fiddle. :smile:

dont end up snapping em mate, lol

just make sure the window does actually shut right to the top how its supposed to Will. :thumbup:

I tried this too but the window doent like shutting and somethimes when you put the window up the sensor makes it go down again.

There are some on eBay and these fit into the rubber seal all the way around.

I bought my deflectors from a performance part company called team heko. Think they are a Polish outfit.

They cost my £25 for the pair, delivered. They sit on the inside of the pillar and require no fixings. Really happy with them! I know you already have the Renault ones but thought others may be interested.

Cheers for the help guys!!! :smile:

Yeah I saw the Team Heko ones but just thought all Deflectors would fit the same... Apparently not hahaha!!! I'm going to see what I can come up with tomorrow, if I can't get them right then I'l order the Heko ones, last thing I want to do is cause any damage to the seals or the windows. :smile:

Climair ones usually don't have clips and are usually a good fit. had them on my last 2 cars and dad has had them on his and even his transit, i'd recommend these to people!