Alarm problems

My alarm keeps going off, total pain in the ass.

I checked the scutle panel and my passenger side was clear. Drivers side was a bit blocked but is now clear.

The alarm doesn't go off if I disable the ultrasonics, which is what I have been doing. But that is a pain everytime you lock the car

For a week there it did not go off, then for no apparent reason it started to go off again.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
May need to get your electrics tested somehow, see if there's a break in the circuit?

have you checked the ultra sonics are ok/secure?

the alarms are an aftermarket fit at the import centre and the spare length of wiring is just tied up next to the alarm!

on the 172/182 you could switch the ultra sonics around to lessen their sensitivity

have you checked the ultra sonics are ok/secure?

the alarms are an aftermarket fit at the import centre and the spare length of wiring is just tied up next to the alarm!

on the 172/182 you could switch the ultra sonics around to lessen their sensitivity

I had a problem with my heater ages ago and arnold clark said they removed some alarm component. This problem started a bit after that but was kind of intermitant. But now is constant.

Anybody have any idea?

I did get water in the boot through a leaking seal once. How would I go about checking the electrics?