Alternative to standard inlet

l33th3tr33

Paid Member
Hey guys, I've been thinking and scouring the net since I got the 197 and I can't seem to find any alternate inlets for the mk3. Something along the lines of an RS2 inlet is what I'm after. I know the RS2 won't fit due to port differences etc but surely there's someone out there that's done something like this? I'm not going down the ITB route so don't even mention it :tearsofjoy:

I don't think anything like the RS2 inlet has been done for the 197/200. Some of the gains on the 1*2s seems great though and if done for the MK3, I can see them being quite popular.

I don't think anything like the RS2 inlet has been done for the 197/200. Some of the gains on the 1*2s seems great though and if done for the MK3, I can see them being quite popular.
Definitely, I'm so surprised that they haven't at least made an adapter for the different ports on the mk3. One of the best things to add to the mk2 for such a small cost so seems silly not to make it available for us lot, even a limited run would sell out instantly I'd imagine.

I've always thought that the stock intake has been restrictive. There are so many bends and curves that the air is significantly slowed down and heated at the same time. If the intake came in from where the coolant bottle is now, we'd get cooler air at a higher velocity.

Like you say, if we had the RS2 intake on the Mk3, I think we'd see some improvements.

I've always thought that the stock intake has been restrictive. There are so many bends and curves that the air is significantly slowed down and heated at the same time. If the intake came in from where the coolant bottle is now, we'd get cooler air at a higher velocity.

Like you say, if we had the RS2 intake on the Mk3, I think we'd see some improvements.

Countering that, the guy/s that managed to fit our inlet to the mk2 saw gains. Even if we saw 10/15bhp PROVEN then that would be acceptable in my eyes, it would be nice to be in the 200bhp NA club. :tearsofjoy:

Just do megane conversion, that is the right way and you will get more than 10-15bhp more.
I wish it would be so easy / cheap compared to uk here. If someone will do it for £4000 it would be my #1 shopping list before beer and milk.
But no.. not so easy here.

Clio would be so nice thing with real 250hp and 350nm torque.

Just do megane conversion, that is the right way and you will get more than 10-15bhp more.
I wish it would be so easy / cheap compared to uk here. If someone will do it for £4000 it would be my #1 shopping list before beer and milk.
But no.. not so easy here.

Clio would be so nice thing with real 250hp and 350nm torque.

But it takes away the fact that it's an NA hot hatch. If I wanted boost I'd have gone jap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: kevlar
you are talking big money here..what ever you wanna do on this engine will cost you an arm and leg..

Curves and bends aren't a bad thing in an inlet, if anything on an N/A engine they can be beneficial when done correctly as it helps to accelerate the air being pulled into the manifold. Take a look at this, which is arguably the best inlet ever developed for the Ford Duractec engine:
iUopFhQ.jpg

It's design isn't too dissimilar to that of the one found in the mk3 RS Clio's albeit that the Clio one is upside down.

Reactions: peter