Anyone got points?

Slapped with 6 points today, just looked at insurance as a 24 year old male with 6 years no claims. 1100..

Wasn't expecting such a hike (+100% of last renewal)

Anyone had any experience and advice?

You can add a couple of experienced drivers on your insurance. I added my fella and his mum brought mine down from like 1500 to 900 and I'm 21 at that.

Hope this helps.

Mine went down having scored a hand full and buying a Megane, so my advice? Buy a Megane :smiley:

Oh that's a problem then. But if they have any claims on it their insurance or points best bet find people with a clean license and insurance. Other then that it seems like a different car. :worried: </SPAN></SPAN>

Oh that's a problem then. But if they have any claims on it their insurance or points best bet find people with a clean license and insurance. Other then that it seems like a different car. :worried: </SPAN></SPAN>

Hahaa my parents have clean licenses, it's just their son who can't follow suit.

And no no it's not thay bad! I wont need to change car haha - just wanted to know if it's common for a 100% rise after a penalty :smile::smile: Not all doom and gloom Gemma!

No it's not all doom and gloom. Sorry about your points though.

Last edited by a moderator:
What for Will?

50 in a 30 back in July. It was midnight, clear skies, 4 (2 and 2) lane road, speedlimit drops from 50 to a 30. Just after the drop is a railway bridge so i just let the revs come down after a blast through that, copper at the end. I had no chance haha.

Thames valley police are so keen on speeding. Never seen anything like it. Live and learn!

P.s 1 mph less and its 3 points and 100 pound fine. I got 6 points and 235 quid fine..

You can add a couple of experienced drivers on your insurance. I added my fella and his mum brought mine down from like 1500 to 900 and I'm 21 at that.

Hope this helps.

Why is your insurance so high...? I'm 21 and it's going to cost me £550. I've also got a car crash claim...?

Insurance is basically a postcode war mate. My renewal back in Dec was circa 600.

Who are you with? I've been with Greenlight for a while now and they seem to be a bit more realistic in terms of pricing.

I got 3 points for doing 42 in a 30 in my works van, caught by a mobile camera. Insurance came down a lot when i hit 25 but dont help being from a bad area for it

Why is your insurance so high...? I'm 21 and it's going to cost me £550. I've also got a car crash claim...?

I have a crash and speed awareness course for doing 86 in a 70 on a38 in Burton upon Trent dam mobile speed cameras and due to my postcode

50 in a 30 back in July. It was midnight, clear skies, 4 (2 and 2) lane road, speedlimit drops from 50 to a 30. Just after the drop is a railway bridge so i just let the revs come down after a blast through that, copper at the end. I had no chance haha.

Thames valley police are so keen on speeding. Never seen anything like it. Live and learn!

P.s 1 mph less and its 3 points and 100 pound fine. I got 6 points and 235 quid fine..

Ouch! Never mind eh, like you say. Live and learn!

If mine was £1100 I'd be happy mate!

I've just got rid of my points and will have 2 NCB shortly....renewal soon!