Anyone removed the ABS sensor?

I'm convinced there's something wrong with the front drivers side ABS sensor so was going to swop it over with the other side to prove a point. I can see the wire runs up into the wheel arch liner but haven't removed it yet. Does anyone know where it actually disconnects?

Last edited:
I am pretty sure it would cause an error message if there was anything wrong with it....

what's happening to make you think its the sensor?

Surely if there is something wrong like you think then switching it over with the otherwise is simply going to move problem.

I think he's just doing it to prove its the ABS sensor Paddy. Move it to the other side, it that side then starts to play up then its the sensor.

When I had my car for about 5 months or so and i also got ABS Faults etc etc , car's brakes still worked 100% but the faults were there. took it to Renault and they told me that some of the pins of the wiring loom of the ABS pump broke off in the pump(i dont even know how the hell that happened....maybe the previous owner messed up) and i had to buy a new ABS Pump. Renault charged me R17 000 incl labour (thats roughly 1250 pounds...) so i just decided to get one off a written off 197 which cost me less than a third of the new one's price. its been 2 years now and its been 110% :smiley:

So HOPEFULLY for your sake it ISNT the problem.

heres the front abs sensor connection thats behind the wheelarch trim :thumbsup:

P2100001_zpsb5272927.jpg

The light comes on and displays a message if anything is wrong with the abs sensor on the 200's. it came on earlier when Jamie turned it off for the rolling road. It disappeared again with about a mile of driving.