Attempted key theft.

Sorry to hear that Jase and happy to hear that you are all OK. I'd be REALLY angry if someone broke into my house or tried to steal my car etc. Gotta have a better plan than running at them naked next time - or maybe that was your plan to scare them off ?!?

only just saw this!! (being the super observant poster that i am) really sorry to hear this jase! it does seems strange to me though that the car was being so particularly targeted. i kno we all love our cars and they are great motors, dont get me wrong, but as jase said, it's only an £8k clio. i mean although they look great and do stand out, my car would be nowhere near the most valuable down my street, and down most streets im sure. anyway it's good that your house was alarmed (as is mine) and the little shits didnt get away with anything, or the motor, and most importantly you and ur missus are alright!!

true words, i have a theory it's the car it comes from like the VXR corsa and civic type R, our little motors do have a chav appeal and as such attract scroats. i.e. they own 1.2 clio's but can only dream of a 197, they own 1.2 clapped out corsa's etc.
i had an XR3 i years ago and i used to get followed had it nicked once and an attempted theft (barrelled) i traded it in for a 6 year old 911 carrera 2 and never had any trouble with it ever.

what a joke, hope everything is ok with u and ur fam. I know what ur saying about its only an 8k clio but its a fast car that those idiots will get a buzz off I guess. Things could have been worse though at least know one got hurt!

only just looked at this Jase.really sorry to hear what happend mate,and hope you and mrs are getting back to normal.thank god you are both ok.