Attempted key theft.

What's best then... Toughned or Laminated glass.
laminated glass is far better mate, it is made of 2 panes of glas that are glued together with a special resin, same as your windscreen. Toughened glass is just a harder less britle type of glass. Laminated glass is very difficult to get through and break, its supposed to stick together

Glad you're both ok and the car is still yours Jase, some scumbags about these days! Makes me worried about my car sat on the drive - don't have the luxury of a garage.

laminated glass is far better mate, it is made of 2 panes of glas that are glued together with a special resin, same as your windscreen. Toughened glass is just a harder less britle type of glass. Laminated glass is very difficult to get through and break, its supposed to stick together

Laminated definately, check this vid out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7W2kRtV5tA and there's comparisons with normal glass too...

The police seem to think they won't risk coming back as now they know we are going to he more prepared. Chances are they will just move on to the next one.

They weren't "little" toe rags. The one that came in the house seemed quite big.

The car is now down the side of the house with lisas car infront and 2 new security posts infront of that. Also got lots of new locks and bolts on both gates.
Door is probably more secure that ever at the moment with the boarding up.

What's best then... Toughned or Laminated glass.

Laminated glass

had a sleepless night last nigh.
every little noise and we were up.

every time i fell asleep i kept dreaming that lisa had said she could hear something, and id be awake again. think we were awake every 30mins.

Mate thats shit!
I keep a baseball bat and a samari sword in our wardrobe just incase any f**ker tries to break into our house. As our gararge has been broken into so many times and caught them twice they will get in no matter what locks you put on. The amount of security we've had to put on the garage is stupid metal plate up the top so they cant pop the lock from the top with special screws you cant get out, two massive paddlocks either side, 1 on the handle and a garage enforcer at the bottom that is drilled 7inches deep into the concreate they will need something more than themselves to move, but worth it for a nights rest.
Hope you lisa and felix are all ok

i would have thought that the MAG feature would have done more to protect your identity jase,

like you said they didnt even blank out your reg plates, and gave out your address,

it could be from that you dont know do you,

not good tbh mate, :thumbdown:

should shoot the w--kers
we dont want much out of life
but what we do have some little shite
wants to take your hard earnt possesions
from you as i said wan--rs:@

jeez Jase- I've been away for a few days and just picked this up- what a shocker...I hope that you & Lisa and Felix are OK..At least they didn't get your car..

I always sleep with my car keys next to my bed (with the spare hidden) -I have no idea why! but I think I might change that on reflection ..I can't get the car in the garage as the garage is too small..

Sorry to hear about this jase, makes me think about changing a few things, maybe getting a garage and an caddy van with a euro theme for work(black and dropped on ronals, or a red or White van)
I keep a home made batton with a cooker hook nailed to the end ( for the loft :wink: ) and big maglite under the bed.
Hope they don't try again.
But if you want to get even more protection for the windows you can get security film fitted too. As an example I've just done a website for a company near me that supplys and fits this sort of stuff, and tints, solar reflection etc at www.1stdefencewindowfilms.co.uk
hope this helps. Must be someone near you that can do the same thing.

Also, easy things for patio doors guys if you have em is a block of wood (cut to size) that you can drop in the lower track to stop it being slid and a length of tube in between the upper roller track stop it bieng lifted off!!

Me and lisa were woken up at 2:50 this morning by the sound of breaking glass.
Instantly knew someone was in the house, instict took over and both jumpped out of bed and ran down stairs(stark naked)shouting get out of my f***ing house. By the time we reached the bottom of the stairs the house alarm was going off at full volume. As I ran through the living room towards the kitchen I saw him through the glass panel in the door still standing in the kitchen as he had turned the kitchen light on. At this point he must have heard us and the alarm. Just as I entered the kitchen I saw him disapear back through the bottom half of the door(we have a brand new double glazed back door that has a glass top panel and glass bottom panel, both panels are toughned glass)
all I know is he had a hoody up and black gloves on(funny how little things stick in your mind)
couldn't follow him out the hole and heard him run down the side of the house, a car door slam and speed off.
Next door heard the banging and saw a the lad jump in a dark fiesta that his mate was waiting in.
I know he was after my car because the drive gates were open ready to pull of the drive.
He had climbed over the fence to get round the back, unlocked the gate and wedged it open to aid getaway.
He smashed through the bottom panel of the door and opened the kitchen cupboards looking for the car key. All he found was the spare back door and patio keys as I keep our car keys in a much safer place.

The police think it was possible being stolen to order. Not being funny but it's only an 8k Clio not a 150k BMW.

Think I really have had it with cars now. Just not worth having someone come into your house while your asleep.! :worried:

bloody hell mate, glad your ok.
someone tried breaking in to mine last a week last monday but couldn't get through the garage door they had a crow bar to the top of it and bent it out of shape trying to get in. they must have given up of the dog put them off.
either way the little scroats didn't get as far as yours mate, but they must have been after the clio keys as both the mini's were out at the time

only just saw this!! (being the super observant poster that i am) really sorry to hear this jase! it does seems strange to me though that the car was being so particularly targeted. i kno we all love our cars and they are great motors, dont get me wrong, but as jase said, it's only an £8k clio. i mean although they look great and do stand out, my car would be nowhere near the most valuable down my street, and down most streets im sure. anyway it's good that your house was alarmed (as is mine) and the little shits didnt get away with anything, or the motor, and most importantly you and ur missus are alright!!