Balancing and alignment cost?

Had my car in all day at Renault and they've just rang back to say that my wheels are out of balance and un-aligned and they want over £100 to fix it??

Seems expensive to me? I've not paid it, I'll take it to my local garage and get them to do it but just wondered what you thought?

Last edited:
I'm sure when I took my old car to HIQ near me they checked the alignment for free and then if it was out it was £25?

I can't remember, I'll ring them.

Generally you get what you pay for with alignment. However, if it's that far out even a cheap alignment will make things better.

Generally you get what you pay for with alignment. However, if it's that far out even a cheap alignment will make things better.

HIQ aren't really a bad company though, they use one of the best alignment systems out there too, so he tells me. lol.

I'm sure they all tell you that lol

I'm sure it'll be a massive improvement, they'll get it 80% right. To get it better you're looking at a hunter laser alignment rig and someone who knows what they're doing to operate it

I'm sure they all tell you that lol

I'm sure it'll be a massive improvement, they'll get it 80% right. To get it better you're looking at a hunter laser alignment rig and someone who knows what they're doing to operate it

Haha, I know.

Probably so, he did mention something along the lines of a 4 point laser alignment rig, or something like that.

wheels balancing = £10 for the full set including the spare

alllignment can be expensive depending where you take it, if you dont want idiots like ****fit fitters working on your car.

Similar Thread Suggestions