Battery advice

Hey, looking for a bit of help,

I think I may need a new more powerful battery to help handle my retrofitted xenons, may be a silly question but do I need a specific battery to fit the Clio 200? How much will it be about? And where can I get it from?

You shouldn't need a different battery just for xenons mate. When the engine is running you get power from the alternator, so the battery won't make a difference.

What makes you think you need a battery? Aren't they working properly?

??? Why would you need a new battery after fitting HIDs mate? I don't think you do, unless of course you are having other issues..

as already put you can have a bigger battery but ultimately its the alternator that supplies power - so it would last longer but if the alternator cannot top it back up it will go flat...

As far as I know, the xenon kit uses less power(except for a brief moment when turning on) than standard halogen lights.

my main beam doesn't fire up consistently when i start the car.

either the left comes on fine and the right one flickers and then fails, or both do nothing.

this flickering and failing seems to have no consistency except for one tenuous correlation i have witnessed between the strain on the battery and the lights working. for instance if i sit in the car for 10 mins with the radio and heating on and then fire up, nothing.

But sometimes if i start the car, then fire them up, they work.

Im struggling really, based on the car itself failing to start properly a couple of times i thought that the battery may be running low due to the extra strain from the lights, but this isn't born out of any sort of knowledge, just guess work from me, a guy who knows very little about cars.

Other than ordering a new ballast i'm pretty stuck for ideas on how to fix them, it is causing problems because as things stand i can't drive it at night, which is obviously not ideal with the short days.

Last edited by a moderator: