Beginner Dual Action?

I'm due some tax money back soon, I was thinking of speding it on the car, My choices really are between thrashing it on track, OR spending it on lovely cleaning products :smile:

I was wondering what people would recommend as beginner for a DA?

Obviously coming from hand polishing to DA I'll need a recommendation on pads/polishes etc.

At the moment Im using:
PB Black Hole
Collinite Wax (cant remember the number?)
Opti-Seal
+ a Whole bunch of AG stuff for trims/shampoo/wheels etc.

Basically Id be looking to hopefully get some light correction done to start with and build up my confidence. I'll probably use my fiesta van from work as a tester before I go near my car lol.

I don't want to spend a fortune, maybe £150ish. Would it be possible to get something half decent for this. Obviously I would add more to the kit as time goes by...

TIA :smile:

Whats the difference between a rotary and a DA?

I know a lot of you will tell me to go straight on DW but I get overwhelmed by the amount of threads on there and just got caught up in things I don't get :smiley:

Rotary is harder to use but does the job 10 times faster. Better finish etc too

Any DA will do for an amature so just go for a cheap kestrel.

Start cheap with pads, I'd just get a maguires finishing pad and some raceglaze cut and clense.

That will probs cost £70 all in and will be an excellent start. You can just build up from there.

Thatys the kit i have i do it in my spare time you can find me on facebook and have a look

Karl Robertson my profile pic is my car little 133

Cant find you on facebook mate, theres loads of Karl Robertsons!

I stalked your threads on here though and your car is always INCREDIBLY CLEAN. Fair play to ya :smile:

Still cant find you dude, Im not very good with the old book of faces though to be honest :worried:

I'll just have to stick to stalking your threads on here then lol.

So what do you think to the DAS-6 then mate?

Im thinking of selling my starter kit as I bought it to occupy myself during a week off work but really dont have the time to spend using it so its a waste just sitting in the box. I only got it at the end of Feb!

Its a Kestral Machine Polisher and comes with:
6" Backing Plate
5" Backing Plate
Spot Pad Backing Plate
2 Position Soft Grip Handle
Multi Position 'D' Handle
Spare Motor Brushes (x2)
Wrench & Manual

Polishes which came with it and theres still plenty left are:
Sonus SFX-1 Restore Polish - 8oz
Sonus SFX-2 Enhance Polish - 8oz
Sonus SFX-3 Final Finish Polish - 8oz (never used)
1x Meguiar's Triple Duty Detail Brush for spurring pads

I have used the pads that came with the kit so wouldnt include those however the
Sonus SFX-3 6" Final Finish Pad, the SFX-3 4" Final Finish spot pad and SFX-2 4" Swirl Remover spot pad have never been out of their packets.

Im considering posting in the for sale section soon but PM if you are interested.

The lot cost me roughly £170!

Still cant find you dude, Im not very good with the old book of faces though to be honest :worried:

I'll just have to stick to stalking your threads on here then lol.

So what do you think to the DAS-6 then mate?

I dont post them all on here some i only put on facebook.

I use the machine for most things as i think it gives a better finish.

My normal wash on some elses car is

Snow foam
Wash
Tar remover (if needed)
Wash
Clay
Wash
Polish
Wax

Then the extras

As i keep on top of my car i dont have to do the fuill works all the time. but i also use glazes and sealants on my own car.

i do a bit of detailing myself. last time it took me 2 days to clean mine..... never again lol cus it lasted about a week lol

mine will be flawless for FCS but thats 7 weeks away so i have time :wink:

back on subject. a rotary with the correct backing plate, pad and polish combo will out perform any Dual Action

mine will be flawless for FCS but thats 7 weeks away so i have time :wink:

back on subject. a rotary with the correct backing plate, pad and polish combo will out perform any Dual Action

A rotary will out perform or just be quickier then using a DA but a DA is safer to use