Bell Blackbox Insurance, you'll laugh at this!

So when I purchased my 200, naturally at 20 years of age the cheapest insurance was blackbox by bell for £1500 a year (over 2k paying monthly, which I am :worried: -).

I drove the car like a baby for the first 2 weeks and then suddenly dropped the bass on the roads and have been nuts ever since and I can't get enough of it. I had a response from Bell two days ago which had an URGENT message in my email box, naturally I opened it and expected them to cancel my bonus accelerator and discount... Did they hell. They've awarded me Gold Insurance for Safe Driving.

15203_10203687501660801_6876191088860855544_n.jpg

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

must be a mistake surely?

How does it work with the discount, is it monthly?

Just renewed mine and a few of the big insurers insisted on a black box, I could never shake the feeling that I'm being followed though. (not that my iPhone isn't track my ever move)

must be a mistake surely?

How does it work with the discount, is it monthly?

Just renewed mine and a few of the big insurers insisted on a black box, I could never shake the feeling that I'm being followed though. (not that my iPhone isn't track my ever move)

Three months of driving and then you get a discount, small of course but a discount none the less. They give you updates every month. You need to check with the insurance company of the blackbox rules. Bell insists that even if you drive like a complete bell (No pun intended) then your insurance still will not be cancelled. Other insurance may void you.

how long do you have to have it? and how do they know you don't remove it for a spin every other day?

how long do you have to have it? and how do they know you don't remove it for a spin every other day?

I don't remove it. It's left in even when I'm cornering hard and ragging the life out of the car. Three months is all you need to keep it for.

Fast doesn't mean not safe, I guess that's what they meant[emoji6].
Obviously u have been cornering very well at high speed. Well done mate.lol

Basicly they're just telling you to drive harder lol.

Interesting how it works though, thought it was in for the whole policy

My brother just passed his test and he has one of these. He drives like a grandma everywhere as he's petrified of his insurance company (and my mum, since she paid for his insurance and gave her email address for the monthly reports lol). Needless to say we all find it hilarious.

There is one down side though. He wont lend anybody his car because he's too scared we'll kick the sh*t out of it and void his insurance lol.

Honestly no idea. I haven't read the small print. From my (limited) understanding of it I think they randomly monitor his driving, and aren't monitoring it all the time. He does have to have the monitor in there all the time for the duration of his policy though.

My brother just passed his test and he has one of these. He drives like a grandma everywhere as he's petrified of his insurance company (and my mum, since she paid for his insurance and gave her email address for the monthly reports lol). Needless to say we all find it hilarious.

There is one down side though. He wont lend anybody his car because he's too scared we'll kick the sh*t out of it and void his insurance lol.

My brothet is the same, he gets text message reports after every journey tho!!

I do feel sorry for him sometimes, like we went out to a family do and we both drove was hard trying not to just drove normal and not leave him behind!