Ben Collins aka the Stig just tweeted this

Sarah A

Gold Member
@BenCollinsStig: Just driven the new Renault Clio RS - it has all the charisma of a tampon, without the practicality

I couldn't care myself if the new Clio cooks your tea, wipes your a**e and buys you flowers every week.....when something "looks" that crap in the metal....its hardly a good start.

Lol....

Shall I just go and hang myself now then?

Nah! I think one person's opinion isn't that much of a problem for me

Ashton look on the bright side, you went black roof not red roof option like the stig suggested :wink:

Who ?!

The very fact you had to put AKA The Stig in the title says it all :lol:
Hmmm he's not a guy who's character Id trust to be honest :tongue_smilie:

I have to point out that this all happened with the 197 at launch. It was a bit too soft, lost the 182's this that and the next thing. Now everyone loves them and the 200 (the 200 obviously fixed the "issues" the 197 had)

I had one at launch back in 2006 and so did a few others still kicking about on here...

Last edited:
Who ?!

The very fact you had to put AKA The Stig in the title says it all :lol:
Hmmm he's not a guy who's character Id trust to be honest :tongue_smilie:

I have to point out that this all happened with the 197 at launch. It was a bit too soft, lost the 182's this that and the next thing. Now everyone loves them and the 200 (the 200 obviously fixed the "issues" the 197 had)

I had one at launch back in 2006 and so did a few others still kicking about on here...

the same guy that couldn't quite cut it with needell and plato on 5th gear :lol:

Yeah. Screw Collin Benfield or whoever he is

Go back to writing your book you big nonse

Lol

Whatever. Ben collins...my flatmate met him a while back at an event he attended, a very good driver but as I said...whatever.

The thing is that even though the new Clio is not an award winning Clio that we all got used and loved, it's still a very good car, comments like that make him look like an idiot..

Last edited:
If he said it was the most amazing car in the world this thread would be totally different!

Pfft! What would a professional driver know about cars anyway!

If he said it was the most amazing car in the world this thread would be totally different!

Pfft! What would a professional driver know about cars anyway!

+1, The bloke maybe a tool but he can lap a car better than anyone on here so tbf if he says its dog turd then it probably is. He loved the 200 so he must have some good reason not to like the new one.