Best Cheap Mods

What are the best mods to do that are reasonably cheap but make a big difference to a 197/200?

Also how hard is it to make the modification and where's the best place to buy the part?

I'd have to say the Sprintbooster was the best value mod I've ever done. Costs around £150 but the difference it makes is like night and day. Easy to fit yourself and can be done in half an hour.

The 64mm throttle body is also good, they sometimes Pop up for around 80 and can be fitted yourself.

Remap isn't necessary with the 64mm tb but as with anything a remap will always improve things and allow you to get the best out of your car. The Throttle body is just a bored out std item, give Willis a PM and he can let you know where to get it done. If you do a search you'll find loads of threads.

Like Fernandez said Sprintbooster is the best thing I have done to the car. It actually the only thing :smiley:

The difference it makes in Green mode is noticeable but in Red mode it is ridiculously different. They pop up on here for sale now and then when people are returning their cars to normal for about £120 so keep an eye out.

For sound get rid of the silencer!!
H&R springs for looks anyway. Larkspeed is the cheapest i found!

Whats this sprintbooster?

Just improves throttle response massively. You actually get a response from the car when you press the peddle...it's a clear night and day difference.

Depends how cheap you would consider as cheap.

Very cheap = removing clio badge from the rear, painting the renault diamonds, colour coding the interior trim yourself, adding a c2 or civic type aerial

yep get a nice lead right boot:wink:a cheap mod that dose make a difference if have a good bit of tread left on your tyres get them sold and use the money to get some AD08's.

cheap mods for what....

engine/power?
handling?
stopping?
styling?

exhaust - induction kit - remap

h&r/eibach springs - ad08 tyres

brake service and ds2500 on front

silver indicator bulbs - de-badge - roof spoiler

Their doesn't really seem to be many cheap mods for the 197/200, as said silvervision indicators, a panel filter is another one.

Their doesn't really seem to be many cheap mods for the 197/200, as said silvervision indicators, a panel filter is another one.

all depends on what you think is "cheap" in the first place....a tough call in some ways:glare:

I would say sub £50.

A set of genuine Renault RS mats is another good one if you haven't got a set. Smartens the interior up nicely.