Best detailing package - racing blue ....

A2ON

Platinum Member
Not really done any of this befor so need some really basic help

I have a racing blue 197 which belive me is mint no marks etc and is already quite shinny.

But I want to clean it and keep it clean I live in Norfolk so it's dirty everywhere lol so I will need to was it every two / three days then a big clean / polish at the weeknd . It has white wheels but I'll be changing them soon to black so not to worried about them but I was wondering is there a ready made kit I can buy which has most hints in it any links halfords cleanyour car. Com ?? Any advise welcome many thanks

Arron

On my RB R27 I use Dodo Juice Blue Velvet and Poorboys Natty blue Paste wax. Prep the paint with Autoglym SRP followed by Clearkote Vanilla moose glaze. Seal with Autoglym Extra gloss protection top it off with a few layers of wax. Dodo juice Supernatural is good but expensive.

My advice would be to look for an Autoglym pack at Halfords. Get familiar with the products and what they all do and then when you feel like branching out to some different products then dig in - there are loads out there!

Don't go for the "more expensive = better" route that many detailers seem to sucked into. For example, Dodo Juice waxes can be pretty expensive - but they will definitely not out perform Collinite, a wax which is half the price. Also, wax doesn't change the look of the car whatsoever - colour specific waxes are a gimmick.

Autoglym products are a great place to start before you get more serious. Get over to detailingworld and feast your eyes upon pages and pages of clean cars and product reviews!

I used to use poorboys polish with Carnuaba Blue, and poorboys natty blue wax on my old fiesta, and I found that gave me an amazing deep blue wet look to it. Both are fairly middle of the road price wise so your not wasting your cash on your first stuff.