birthday trip

well....

its my birthday on august 11th and i want to do something differnt and im thinking a 4 day trip to go and drive the stelvio pass in the italian alps

abit differnt from everyones stanard 'ring trips.

hit some great roads on the way and have a proper laugh really.

just wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me on this truley epic road trip.

some pics of the pass

it has 48 hairpin turns and long run offs

StelvioPass.jpg

tg-stelvio-pass-north-ramp.jpg

i hope some of you will come.

lynden

It is the kind of place I'd love to go.

Group of people on Saxperience went there, and it being Switzerland, it was quite £$£$£$$£$£$£ but worth it.

And Lynden, Nurburgring is an awesome place, even if you are not taking the car on the track, the atmosphere there (other than being full of de-cat fumes) is awesome!!!

But what a trip this could be!

yeh i would love to go the ring but its apprently very very busy and very expensive if things go wrong, insurance etc

its gona cost
ish

45 for the ferry over
if we average 30mpg its about 230 on fuel for the round trip but petrol is cheaper abroad so probs more like 200 so 100 there 100 back and if alot of us go we can do a deal with hotels on group booking so i reckon full trip (fuel,ferry,hotel,food etc) 400 maybe less tbh

lynden

its fuel that will cost the most, hotels wil be cheap and so will food, would be a good laugh though, trying to get as many as possible to go

The fuel is more expensive at the moment than here because of the poor exchange rate. That is the problem - the Euro is nearly at parity with the pound £1 = €1, so I have got to look forward to £1.40 a litre petrol when I go France and Germany in the summer!

Redmond who went told me the YMCA type places are cheap, and there's always the thought of a camping trip too - that is cheap!

well....

its my birthday on august 11th and i want to do something differnt and im thinking a 4 day trip to go and drive the stelvio pass in the italian alps

abit differnt from everyones stanard 'ring trips.

hit some great roads on the way and have a proper laugh really.

just wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me on this truley epic road trip.

some pics of the pass

it has 48 hairpin turns and long run offs

StelvioPass.jpg

tg-stelvio-pass-north-ramp.jpg

i hope some of you will come.

lynden

let me know the details mate and all that i'm 100% up for this for sure!

set off maybe sunday 1st of august then come back wednesday/thursday need to get some numbers first, im definatly going to go though, will see what responses we get over the next few days on here, would be cool to have alot of 197/200s coming though

maybe go early july beacuse of the weather, its a ski resort through the winter, anyone know when the snow starts to fall? will august still be ok for dry roads?

i was there 2 times. in august you will be fine, we were there in september and early october and the roads were dry. :wink:

Amazing looking road would love to do it ..... I'm sure you will have a great time

I'm a maybe at the min need to get the idea over to the missus!!! Any ideas??? I'm going away end of June so august would be better for me!!

Nashy

just tell her it will be the trip of a lifetime and it will improve your driving skills etc lol and yeh august sounds cool

I would come if it wasnt so close to the nurburg trip mike has organised £££

is that charlie croker in that bus and are they all singing "self preservation society" :wink:

looks great shame the finances are poor at the moment

Lynden, when you have got a rough plan together, create a thread in the meets & trackdays section so that people will find it easily :smile:

Looks like you could have a really good trip there!

Try and get rough costs too, then it won't put anyone off!

i'm going the ring over easter and then this in august, and then i gotta fit a holiday in turkey somewhere, cant wait!!!!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N General Chat 14
Beany General Chat 11
Siliconsteve General Chat 15
matt9566 Gallery 12
R32pete General Chat 17