Blower hot air issue, is anyone elses the same?

So I have an issue with my blowers but not sure if Clio's are all the same.

But whenever I have my blowers off or not using air-con, I get a constant flow of hot air coming through the dash. It feels like the air being used is not being taken from the outside and purely from the engine bay because it's ridiculously hot. Even when I set the blowers to off and close all the fans individually, hot air still gets pushed through the windscreen blower.

I have noticed that when I use air-con it's not very cold either even though I recently had it degassed and pressure checked and feels like it's mixing with the hot air before being blown into the car.

Also there is always a damp smell whenever it's been damp outside and i out the blowers on.

Is this the case with everyone's Clio or do I have some sort of problem?

I thought maybe it could be a broken pipe somewhere that is leaking air from the engine bay in but have no idea where to start with that.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Doesn't sound normal, it'll either be an issue with the thermostat switch on the dash or maybe the flap in the coolant pipe sticking open? I'm not sure how the system works on the Clio but I'm guessing it's similar to most other cars.

Also the damp smell might be blocked scuttle drains? I'm guessing it picks up outside air from under the scuttle area, I cleaned mine a few months ago but can't remember exactly where it intakes air from for the cabin.

I'd also check the state of your cabin filter too if it hasn't been changed in a while

Doesn't sound normal, it'll either be an issue with the thermostat switch on the dash or maybe the flap in the coolant pipe sticking open? I'm not sure how the system works on the Clio but I'm guessing it's similar to most other cars.

Also the damp smell might be blocked scuttle drains? I'm guessing it picks up outside air from under the scuttle area, I cleaned mine a few months ago but can't remember exactly where it intakes air from for the cabin.
That would make sense if the flap was stuck open because it's hot all the time, where about would this flap be? In the heater matrix?
I'd also check the state of your cabin filter too if it hasn't been changed in a while
I did change this 6 months ago but still had the issue, it's only when you first turn it on like it just clears all the crap out and then it doesn't smell anymore

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've had 2 Clios (one from new) and both had the wet dog smell when you first put the a/c on. But it did clear after a few seconds. I think I've heard people asking this before, guess they're just smelly little things.

As as for the hot air, with both of mine if you switch the fans off you still get a small amount of air coming through. But you can vary the temp of the air still, have you tried switching the fans off and turning the temp fully cold (15degrees) to see what happens?. This is the full fat climate control system I'm talking about, not sure if yours is the same or the basic manual a/c.

I've had 2 Clios (one from new) and both had the wet dog smell when you first put the a/c on. But it did clear after a few seconds. I think I've heard people asking this before, guess they're just smelly little things.

As as for the hot air, with both of mine if you switch the fans off you still get a small amount of air coming through. But you can vary the temp of the air still, have you tried switching the fans off and turning the temp fully cold (15degrees) to see what happens?. This is the full fat climate control system I'm talking about, not sure if yours is the same or the basic manual a/c.
The smell does go away after a while like you say so I guess it's just a Clio trait!!

As for the air yes this is what used to happen in my 172, turn the temp down and that's what would happen but in my 197 it doesn't. With fans off and temp on 15 degrees it still has hot air coming through. Even when I close the actual blowers I still get the hot air through near my feet and the windscreen blower.

I did notice yesterday that it seems my whole dash gets really hot, like all the plastic and centre console.

Could it be heat off of the exhaust manifold?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk