boot stuck shut

Does it make the unlock sound when you unlock it or is it totally dead?

There isn't an easy fix unfortunately, you'll have to try and remove the trim from inside the car and manually open it via the mechanism.

no it doesn't make the clicking noise, last week twice the boot was popping open when i starting the ignition!

what could it be that has gone wrong??????????

Sounds like the solenoid has gone mate, it's like a little electric motor that drives the mechanism to lock/unlock the boot.

Solenoids (if that's what's faulty) aren't expensive mate, the issue will be getting the boot open in the first place to enable you to replace it. Might end up ripping the interior trim off and having to replace that too.

I've never looked to see if it's possible to remove the trim with the boot shut.

i had the same problem, boot unlatching when starting engine, dealers fixed it under warranty and blamed it on 'water ingress on boot switch'

did hey say what the problem was? as iv managed to get the boot open now as, there is a small white buton inside just need to move it with a screwdriver and it opens

well iv managed to get it working now somehow with tons of wd40 but will be on the phone to ren tomoz just to change the switch anyway did they say what they changed?

heppened to me last week when i dropped my car in for service. It was a boot latch and got it replaced under warranty no problem at all. :thumbup:

They also have a white 200 there theyr giving me a ring in a bit with an ofer against mine. Just piked it up and they havnt done it the part will be ther mon so no boot action all wekend lol

£57 isn't a bad price when you compare it to not having a boot lol!

No doubt it will only be a 2min job though haha!

yea i think theyv taken the mecanizm out as i press it and there dosent even feal like a buton behind the ruber any more rough *******s