Braided Brake Lines

LiamRS197

Paid Member
Hey guys, hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. I've recently purchased a set of K-Tec Racing braided brake lines and ATE superblue brake fluid, I asked my local garage for a quote on fitting to which they said £100+VAT. To be honest I thought this quote was a little steep, but they tried to justify the price by mentioning air could get into the ABS system etc.

I'm just wondering if this price sounds about right? And realistically how difficult is it to do it yourself, I don't want to be snapping the bleeder nipple off the caliper if I can help it.

Thanks

too expensive..i had them fitted for less than a half of your price..depend on how confident you are with bleeding the system afterwards..

too expensive..i had them fitted for less than a half of your price..depend on how confident you are with bleeding the system afterwards..

Thanks Pav, I think I'd better have a call around a few places see if anyone is willing to do it a little cheaper. Presumably its a job that doesn't take too long to complete for a garage.

to fit them is not a big deal..had a go on mine myself but the bleeding process is a pig..shouldnt cost that much..hope you get it a bit cheaper..

I wouldn't bother with ATE blue on these cars, have a search on here and you'll se 95% end up with a squeak from the slave cyl. It happened to me, then I switched back to Motul and it went. Took a few miles for the squeak to appear and then disappear.

Yep, I went with Motul RBF600 on recommendation and its been great stuff. Opie Oils have a discount code for the forum and do free delivery for overs over £50.

I dont think it sounds too bad a price for the labour to be honest, remove the old lines, fit new lines and bleed.

I fitted my ones but if you need to get a garage to do it I think the price is fair for the work.

I dont think it sounds too bad a price for the labour to be honest, remove the old lines, fit new lines and bleed.

I fitted my ones but if you need to get a garage to do it I think the price is fair for the work.

got to agree not excessive as labour time/hrs go

I just had lines fitted on the Megane today. I was quoted £100 + vat, i supplied oil ,lines, pads & new bleed screws. After one stripped thread in the rear caliper and a snapped one on the front. It ended up costing a total of £190 This did include £30 to get the caliper drilled and threaded by a local engineering firm which I thought was reasonable.

Make sure you get the extra clamps put on so they don't rub on alloys. I've got some spare that I used, let me know and Ill happily pop some in the post.