Brake advice

Hi,

After some advice please!

My front brakes are a little noisy for the first 1 minute or so of driving.

Thinking might need new pads? The discs look a bit scored too but the picture makes them look worse than they are!

Which ones shall I get?

Thanks!

9amatera.jpg

a9evuhyp.jpg

Last edited:
You defo need new pads and your disks may benefit from being skimmed.

Which pads to get? Well OEM for day to day use imo

You should just strip them down and clean them first. Check the pads then but they've probably never been serviced.

Cost = free.

Looks like they could be grooved discs too? They will make a bit more noise than OEM discs too from what I gather.

Have ur calipers been sprayed? Looks like there is red overspray on the backing plate of the pad

Have ur calipers been sprayed? Looks like there is red overspray on the backing plate of the pad

Think they may be EBC red stuff pads, and as [MENTION=50501]austin197[/MENTION] said you can just see a groove in the first picture which will make them a bit noisier. A service wouldn't go a miss though.

You should just strip them down and clean them first. Check the pads then but they've probably never been serviced.

Cost = free.

do this first - that way you can assess pad/disc life and plan replacements later on if needed

light scoring on discs is acceptable - pads are a lot harder on discs theses days

Can't see any sort of grooves on the disc's does someone want to point them out to me.

As everyone else has said get them out and asses from there.

Top of the middle picture, or SSW on the lower pic :smiley:

Pad's don't look like they have lots of life left on them and there maybe something on the pad causing those marks on the disc. Brembo disc's are cheap from GSF sometimes making the cost of a skim not worthwhile.

Plenty of meat on them still left, you will probably find there are red stuff pads like people have said and you have groove disks, so the heavy grinding noise within the first couple of miles until warmed up is normal.

Are the discs rusty?
My Clio and Megane make a scoring noise when not used for a few days, always when the discs are lightly rusted. Noise clears up after a few miles of braking

Thanks everyone for all the advice!!

They are groved discs yes, and they are red stuff pads too.

Will strip them down first and see how I get on :smile: