Brake Squeal

I fitted new Brembo brake discs and pads about a month ago, and have done about 1000 miles since, but I still get brake squeal!!! I have taken the pads off and totally decontaminated the calipers and pads, greased the pad runners in the caliper, the backs of the pads, the edges of the pads and even the pins and spring clip, which fixed it for about half a day, but then it came back.

I am at my wits end, my old brakes didn’t do this and now it’s almost constant. Do the brembo calipers have shims where the pads sit? Anything else I could try?

Any chance you might have glazed the pads? What did you do in terms of bedding them in?

Are they definitely Brembo OE? Could be that the materials between disc and pad aren't well matched but if they're definitely OE then it should rule that issue out.

To bed them in I did about 4 gentle but firm brakes from 40mph to 10mph, and then 4 firm brakes from 60mph to 10mph. I then drove for about 20 minutes without stopping.

Yep, original brembo discs and pads, correct id on the box and from a reputable source.

It doesn't make sense. They pull my face off when stopping, so they work well, they just make a racket!

EDIT: It wouldn't be the rears would it? I can't pinpoint where the squeal is coming from and the rears need replacing. How much braking do they do normally?

I fitted new Brembo brake discs and pads about a month ago, and have done about 1000 miles since, but I still get brake squeal!!! I have taken the pads off and totally decontaminated the calipers and pads, greased the pad runners in the caliper, the backs of the pads, the edges of the pads and even the pins and spring clip, which fixed it for about half a day, but then it came back.

I am at my wits end, my old brakes didn’t do this and now it’s almost constant. Do the brembo calipers have shims where the pads sit? Anything else I could try?
I had the exact same problem with my new brakes over a year ago. Drilled discs with standard Brembo pads. I tried everything to get them to stop squealing. Copper grease, mintex ceratec, chamfering the edges of the pads and in the end I got a garage to install some adhesive backed shims (like these but they were 3M iirc http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-ANTI-S...465713?hash=item211f43ebb1:g:uRAAAOSwNnRYfOJQ).

This eliminated 75% of the noise but introduced another. At that point I was fed up and thought they'll quieten down themselves. They did, but months later. I recently got new discs at the back and now they're squealing as well. Looking forward to the next couple of months :weary: The noise will go eventually though, so don't despair!

Reactions: Greg0986
Its driving me nuts, I shall wait and see. Got another squeak when I turn the wheel to the right, so that needs to be fixed as well...

My car makes lots of noises :tongueout:

Its driving me nuts, I shall wait and see. Got another squeak when I turn the wheel to the right, so that needs to be fixed as well...

My car makes lots of noises :tongueout:
All part of the fun of ownership haha.

My car makes a different noise ever time I drive it. I like to try guess which it will be before I go out:grinning:

I could reward myself with something if I guess right!

"Now, what's going to happen today, ohh, i know, seats will squeak!"

You sure it's front and not rear? Rears stick on . Doesn't matter that you can make noise come and go with the steering, still could be rears.

I was thinking about the rears, and they do need changing. I just need to get a 36mm(?) Socket and I'll do it on Sunday.

They can't be doing that much work though surely?

I was thinking about the rears, and they do need changing. I just need to get a 36mm(?) Socket and I'll do it on Sunday.

They can't be doing that much work though surely?
They stick on that makes them squeal. Gently pull handbrake up when it's stealing, see if it stops. The handbrake warning will go off tho.lol

Mine are doing this squealing too however I don't (as far as I know) have new brakes, when it was in Renault sorting out my cruise control switch under the garage warranty they gave it a health check etc and said brakes are all fine, but no idea on how much life is in em.