Brakes or bearings noise?

I'm driving down to the Cotswolds next week and need the car sorted before then. Over the past week or two my car has been making a squeezing noise when driving even in a straight line but as soon as the brakes are applied even very slightly the noise disappeared but now the squeaking has disappeared and been replaced by a droning/rubbing/grinding noise but also disappears once the brakes are slightly applied.

Ive been looking up on this and some people are mentioning bearings as well as brake pads?!

The discs and pads were replaced 15000 miles ago and all genuine parts apart from the front pads that were pretty crappy basic ones so I'm hoping it could just be the pads gone already as I do have quite a heavy right foot.

Does anyone have any idea what it's most likely to be before I go buying bearings etc?

Cheers

I have the squeaking too but never considered it being the bearings, my squeak also disappears once the brakes are applied

if it does it then goes off when brakes are applied then its safe to assume its brakes....

the usual strip and clean job first

if its a wheel bearing and its that noisey then panic :tomato:

fully stripping down and cleaning both front a rear pads works wonders,did with mine,changing the fluid also gave a much better pedal feel mate