Branx's Black 197

Finally got a chance to open up my own thread about a 197, and not just read about other ones :mask:

Clio is fully stock, 2008., and was filled with monstrous amount of Alpine multimedia (someone wants? :smiley:)

At the moment, it sits at 115kkm (~75k miles), I'm a third hand owner.
Service history is really great, with all major things already done, most of the time services in the Renault dealerships.

From the bodywork side its in a really good nick, paint is great, no dents and scratches - except the one mentioned below on the front bumper.

Equipment wise, it has more-less everything, except for those damn Recaros (unfortunately), so:

- xenon with additional cornering lights
- automatic headlights
- automatic wipers
- automatic climate control
- handsfree entry, start/stop
- double panorama-roof
- electric folding wing mirrors
- privacy windows in the back

Some images from the former owner:
dKWyYqz.jpg

qndYdBW.jpg

utTmI8P.jpg

YDGt6qi.jpg

LQW1dKp.jpg

4XGQb3s.jpg

cvNIGr4.jpg

Immediately after purchase, I also got the Lagune Silverstone wheels, for the winter rime, 7,5x17, immaculate condition, ET50.
They came with Nexen Winguard Sport G winter tires in 215/45-17, almost completely new (2000km on them):
dJT0wx1.jpg

P7abNJyh.jpg

3imRUxTh.jpg

quxXbw9h.jpg

Our dear Raptor comes into play - ordered new OEM RS mats, new rear quarter glass seals and some Powerflex (engine mount inserts):
8tbxGRf.jpg

powerflex-pff60-820.jpg

PFF60-822.jpg

Then straight to the car audio shop to remove all Alpine bits and pieces (again, anyone wants? :smiley:):
n4kVFkkh.jpg
:smiley: :smiley:
VDjKHclh.jpg

In the meantime, Heco wind deflectors came, which half of GB already has, and I really like them on a black car (not to mention I'm a styler inside :smiley:), so while the audio guy was doing his part, I put them on:
ioJgol2h.jpg

RVlkRKth.jpg

YaHYcGAh.jpg

Ass-pic:
bxfGBRvh.jpg

CONT'D

Audio related stuff, it was a good price, so I couldn't resist, something more modern, with BT, USB, all shebang:

Pioneer AVH-X7800BT:
df605e495e10c8976c0a0bbc6f808f78.jpg

Plus DLS Reference RCS5.2 systems:
7ea05dfeab1284093449002d3d27a1d4.jpg

In the back, someone put Focals, Access CA1 I presume, they're really great, so I left them, but former owners did a number on the front system where Focals (also Access series) were removed and they fit some dreadful Coax Pioneers... But the tweeters and crossovers were still inside (!?). So we had to go with a better solution for the front :smile:

At the end everything runs on this - Alpine BBX-F1200 4-channel amp:
c19d9f3f4af1374d1114b5924e088ba5.jpg

Front doors were dampened, with Dynamat, and all plastic bits that were removed - its clips were finished with a little bit of Dynaliner, just to avoid all that vibrations our car make.
Alpine camera that was fitted originally, stayed in the car and is connected to the new HU. Camera has wide-view mode, corner-view mode, top-view mode, together with standard mode, so it's good to have it, and it's quite expensive, so I decided to leave it.

That's that regarding audio - this is now world class sound. Enough for me. No sub needed.

5D carbon foil ordered, in high gloss, for the trim inside:
s-l500.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Some plans:

- together with changing engine mount inserts, brake fluid has to be replaced and I will fit some braided brake lines while we're there
- KW v1 coilovers
- 20mm wheel spacers on the original wheels for summer (still looking to change the color of the wheels - to gunmetal grey, or even bronze gold), eventually maybe buy Superleggeras in bronze gold
- get the front bumper fixed, some parking nut-jobs did a number on it, so bumper is cracked near the headlight clip, so it's a bit saggy:
OtHT7T9l.jpg
- buy a front rubber lip that is missing
- throw away those awful chrome plate holders, and just double-tape the plates
- fix the passenger door hinges, door 'fell' a bit down near the handle end

I'm still bothered with maybe fitting a RenaultSport cup spoiler, RS lip and the RS sideskirts, will see.

Anyways, I already forgot how it is to have a vehicle this fun, I'm like a child with a constant grin on my face last days.

So far so good, hopefully some good updates are to come. :sunglasses:

Reactions: Jordanfaf
Nice introduction for your car, it's looking good! The future plans sound great too, the aero looks brilliant on these cars!

Glad you're enjoying it so much!

lovely start to your thread..looks like you know where you are headed and what you want the car to become..
do your laguna wheels clear the calipers ok??

lovely start to your thread..looks like you know where you are headed and what you want the car to become..
do your laguna wheels clear the calipers ok??

Yes, no issue whatsoever. It's a straight fit, and ET is even better than original, sitting 18mm out, ET50.. like originals with spacers :smile:

ok glad they fit ok..when i got mine i couldnt find any info on what ET they were so took the plunge and they didnt clear..had to get 5mm spacers on front when tracking the car...

You got the same exact ones? 7.5x17" ET50 Silverstones, and they didn't fit?
Strange, as a lot of people are running them on their 197s without problems.

Maybe there are several versions of the wheel.

Great start to YOUR progress thread buddy :smile:

Car looks ace and im looking forward to your progress already !

Heated seats very nice, in picture 4 the front edge of the seat plastic am I correct?

Oh completely forgot about that, so used to having it in every car :smile:
It has heated seats as well. Let me update the original post :smiley:

Edit:
Damn forgot there's no editing after some time..

Some goodies arrived at Raptors:

681f5ca33c3ed62e65e7642b884136fc.jpg

Now stitching on the steering wheel and on gearshift has to be changed to match the yellow on the mats, after all like I said, I'm a styler :smiley:

In the meantime (hopefully today) I'm waiting for dash trim to come back from hydro-dipping to 'carbon' and spraying (lacquer).

Opted to go for that after a miserable fail with the 5D carbon foil :smiley:

Finally some parts came from dipping and painting, been driving with the car ripped apart inside for 10 days now :smile:

I'm really pleased with how it looks. My idea was to add touch of black paint to the lacquer and make it a bit darker, really changed the whole appearance of the fake dipped carbon... much deeper and more real now.

Now for the joy of assembling, but it's too freaking cold these days.

9e879340613daadf2ed0acf297f7a22d.jpg

486980f459d8555c0a40e25b1232708d.jpg

1f3461d561f7ceb5b01156aaca0f618c.jpg

a86a9ed738f13e7d8ddb28d2bc8a41ca.jpg

251c1680c23a3fa1e16d5f43e69fd6dd.jpg

cad55a702a3d8bc9a0f4ccaa840280f8.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy and Big Ben
It's a shame I didn't receive my yellow RenaultSport stickers before the lacquer, now they'll have to go on top...

Exceptional !

Wish i was fitting them to mine. I'd get out in the cold i assure you.......

*****PICS WHEN DONE PLEASE :smile: *****

Exceptional !

Wish i was fitting them to mine. I'd get out in the cold i assure you.......

*****PICS WHEN DONE PLEASE :smile: *****

Don't worry mate, cold is not the one to stop me, but I don't want to risk any clips/trim to break, and I have to get the glovebox out as I need to route the multimedia cables when fitting everything - so it's best done on a warm car in a garage :smile:

Pics to follow.

Reactions: sevenfourate