Breakdown Cover

Breakdown Cover?

• Total voters
I was just wondering who has it, who doesn't and who it is that your with.

This month the AA took £115 straight from my bank (despite telling me they wouldn't). This was for roadside and national recovery.

My bank offers something similar for less inc. travel and phone insurance. So thought I'd ask about and see which way everyone else does it, before I go ahead with anything else.

If the aa took the money and you have the proof that they wouldnt, that is fraud and they can be fined

The AA IMHO are absolutely worthless as a recovery service. I wouldn't even rate rac much higher, green flag is good but I just add it onto my insurance.

Ive got RAC, used them for the first time last week and they were brilliant. Got a puncture driving home from work late on after 8pm. Had to drive on the tyre for about a mile after it went because i was on the Erskine Bridge and there is no hard shoulder. So the tyre was pumped.

Phoned them up and within 35 mins a recovery lorry was on site and took my car back to my work rather than my house as requested.

Well worth it.

If the aa took the money and you have the proof that they wouldnt, that is fraud and they can be fined

They have sent me a letter "apologising unreservedly" for the error :smiley:.

TBH the AA with me were fine, but we had a lad at work the other day, broke down on the M62. They left him there for 1hr, then they towed him to the nearest service station and left him there (as he wasn't allowed to go further) despite telling him there was no way the next guy would get it working..... 1.5 hours later the mechanic turns up, says he can't get it working and leaves him there for another 1.5 hours! Only for the SAME tow truck to pick him up and take him home, bit poor really.

Just a quick update, I rang them and questioned why they were charging me £115 for something I can get from their website for £69. Apparently thats new customers only?! So If you have your policy for 12months they put it up by ~75% :chair:

I get mine with my bank account, includes "at home" and a courtesy car. we also get mobile insurance and worldwide travel insurance thrown in. pretty good value imo

I get mine with my bank account, includes "at home" and a courtesy car. we also get mobile insurance and worldwide travel insurance thrown in. pretty good value imo

We have this also but if you read the fine print it does say it will only take you to a garage like 15 miles from where you are? I'm sure anyway.

If your talking about TSB then it gives your AA Roadside assist. Which is 0.5 - 10miles from your home, to a garage within 10miles of where you are. Its handy if they can get it fixed at the road, **** if they can't though.

If your talking about TSB then it gives your AA Roadside assist. Which is 0.5 - 10miles from your home, to a garage within 10miles of where you are. Its handy if they can get it fixed at the road, **** if they can't though.

We are bank of Scotland which use the RAC.

We have this also but if you read the fine print it does say it will only take you to a garage like 15 miles from where you are? I'm sure anyway.

Can only speak for Natwest, the Private account has full european cover and the Advantage Gold is as Noddie says, 15 miles and thats it you have to pay.

I was also under the impression they if you had an accident or the car failed due to a warranty item you could call Renault Assist and they would sort everything out?

None, I have a tow bar in my boot and if the worst was to happen one of my friends would be getting a call. Touch wood I have not had to use it yet.

I've got the Lloyds thing too. Never used it, but it comes with travel insurance, phone insurance and a few other things.

I used to be with the RAC. My mom had a family policy until she changed her car to a lease, which includes it, my dad's car is under the BMW assist thing and mine is through the bank so she stopped it, but they started charging a fortune.

I did used the RAC when my first Clio developed a horrendous noise on the way to Yorkshire. The guy had a look but ended up hooking it up to the back of the Transit and dragged the car back home for me. About 70 miles I think it was! Couldn't fault the service other than he had the window open and it was a bit cold! Lol!

I get Free AA cover thanks to my dads company car policy...:smiley:

Only used them once in 2000 when my Astra Van exploded on the M1.
Can't really offer constructive advice.

just noticed i put my vote direct to rac when in fact its through tesco clubcard so i have amended the vote :slap:

Similar Thread Suggestions