Broken headrest

Sorry if this has been covered before, but my drivers seat head rest is broken.

So I have had my car for nearly two years now, and I have only just realised that my head rest will not move up or down. The button that you have to press goes in but the actual head rest wont budge at all - almost as if the button isn't working.

Has anyone had this problem before?

I'd also like to know this as strangely enough I have the same problem; driver's side won't budge but passenger's side is fine.

This is probably stupid advice but have you tried getting someone to hammer the headrest up or down whilst you hold down the button?

This is probably stupid advice but have you tried getting someone to hammer the headrest up or down whilst you hold down the button?

Mine is jammed all the way down. Luckily it is the right height for me, just curious to know if anyone knows why it wont budge

I should get a tool under it to push it back up. Perhaps it's gone past the click stage and the pin is not located in the little gap that holds it in place. Worth a try.

worth a reminder but the headrest has 2 buttons in a 197 anyway one on the side of the headrest itself and another on the top of the seat to let the rods out of the seat. Maybe someone has beaten the rods down into the seat because they did not see the headrest button. The button on the headrest on a 197 pulls off and with a screwdriver you can push the mechanism in to allow the head to move on the rods but if the headrest is at full height and the rods a beaten all the way down it will not move. So get the headrest out of the seat and swap them over until you can fix it.