Bucket Seats & 6 Point Harness Ordered

dgo130

Paid Member
Ok so I have taken the plunge and order 2 Corbeau Pro Series Seats, with side mounts and sliders.

Are these a straight bolt in to the chassis or is anything else required?

I have been advised that no adaptor plate will be needed is this correct?

Is it just a matter or re drilling fresh holes to bolt them in to the chassis?

I have also gone for 6 point harness as well, has anyone got any images they can upload so I can see where you have bolted too or drilled fresh holes?

I also have 2 resistors to put in to the old wires from the old seats can anyone help in where these need to wired in to?

Any help would be much appreciated.

The side mounts will highly doubtfully bolt to existing chassis seat holes. - And if you want to use the sliders then no chance IMO. *This was my experiance with Recaro bits anyway*

To retain sliders you'll need a car specific subframe, to give you a flat base to install them against. I've only ever seen 2 on the market, OMP and Sparco.
I've had both, the OMP is junk (doesn't have correct offset to centre the seat against the wheel), the Sparco is much better. However, who knows if Corbeau have the same hole spacing as Sparco(?) - so you may need some adapters and pissing around to make it work.

If you wanted to bolt the seats direct to chassis though without sliders, I'd use Rentune side mounts: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...991317?hash=item2a76c11355:g:TiwAAOSwFV9XyfMe

Should be enough adjustment in them to take a variety of seat widths - Richard Humphery there is a good bloke and will set you straight I'm sure.

Have to agree with Rich the OMP subframe is poop (although we have one fitted) R sport or Rentune side mounts and bolt them to the floor.

You may also need to add spacers to the column mounting to lower the steering wheel