Build your perfect 197/200

ooo this is a tough one.

Unlimited budget I'd have a White or Mercury 200.

1. Alcon 330 front disc set-up
2. Ohlins suspension
3. Simoxmino's engine
4. Recaro Pole Position Seats ( Front Two )

Hmmm...

1/ cam kit
2/ akra exhaust
3/ quaiffe lsd
4/ DS2500 pads

would add 2 piece discs but that would be cheating :smile:

I'm guessing with other mods 210 -212 bhp?

Cams alone mapped correctly seeing 200bhp tops, but a genuine 200.

Stage one heads are only minor. 9% inlet and 22% exhaust flow improvement from porting ( source APD ). See you around 205bhp.

Stage 2 and over are expensive involving larger valves etc. I dunno! Someone try it lol.

1) Recaro's retrimed in alacantra and matching stitching
2) Akrapovic exhaust
3) A better gear box that has lower revs for cruising.
3) Bi-xenons.

All in my Albi 197 please.

Not asking for a lot??

For me;

Braided brake lines
Foam air filter
Improved/sharper throttle response

That's it...apart from the above they've got the car pretty much perfect in my opinion. The ideal balance of refinement, power, grip, and adjustability.

1. 2 set's of alloys & tyres (street/track)
2. Leather interior (Std. RS seats as I find for me their a good compromise comfy/supportive)
3. Full Respray in non water-based paint with radar absorbing primer
4. Clio Cup race spec. engine & Gearbox

Hows your replacement wheel holding out so far, still like new?

I do inspect it every week mate and as yet all is good(fingers crossed)
I have the wife put the cover on it every day she parks it up just I case the sun appears lol

1. 2 set's of alloys & tyres (street/track)
2. Leather interior (Std. RS seats as I find for me their a good compromise comfy/supportive)
3. Full Respray in non water-based paint with radar absorbing primer
4. Clio Cup race spec. engine & Gearbox

whats wrong with water based paint?

It's soft, which is why all car paint after it's use was enforced suffer so badly with stone chips and scratch easily.

Older paints were much more hard wearing mainly due to having lead in them and a few other now deemed nasty chemicals that all helped in making it tuff.

Last edited:
well water based paint is only used in basecoats. Which is always clearcoated. So its the clearcoat that could also be more durable.

And anything that is a 2k solid topcoat colour is not made from waterbased paints. Generally a MS or HS acrylic.

Plus lead hasnt been used in automotive paint in freakin years.

But anywho...... back on topic!

well water based paint is only used in basecoats. Which is always clearcoated. So its the clearcoat that could also be more durable.

And anything that is a 2k solid topcoat colour is not made from waterbased paints. Generally a MS or HS acrylic.

Plus lead hasnt been used in automotive paint in freakin years.

But anywho...... back on topic!

Well modern paint is softer and when Ive had to get the front end's of the newer cars resprayed, I asked the sprayer once 'why do car paints now suffer so badly' and got told what I just posted as the reason.

In my youth my cars were from 70/80's and the paintwork never suffered like the modern cars I've owned and if anything I drove them harder/faster than I drive now.