building track 197 from motorsport shell

I didnt know they did either, would be interested to know what sort of level they make them to (for example fast road/track or just hardcore track etc)

billies make coilovers.... non dmaper adjustable... but lets face it... bilstein always do their homework on suspension... fink demontweeks sell them?!?1

Yes i've seen this on ebay, Already have one, Thanks anyway.
The dampers are the from the clio cup and are very expensive.
Quick update: Have the full clio cup exhaust, Need to get some clamps.
Have a race car dash, Just a thin piece of fibreglass.
Got a renault race seat and brackets.
Will get some images on when able.
Still need a LHD scuttle panel (bottom of windscreen wipers poke through)
And LHD wiper arms.
If you know anyone who has these bits PLEASE let me know.

Last edited:
Awesome project fella. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread and look forwards to seeing the car in the flesh at a track day before too long. Hope it all goes well for you :smile:

TBH if you wanted any spares the price goes up very quickly. Also bear in mind most would have been damaged so most likely need a new shell.

The TCR car looks good as always and a bonus being maintained by TCR.

I've been looking at a few and it's hard to find a decent one with spares for good money. Persistance will pay off though.

i'm close to 15k on mine already, without the swanky box!
and i'm definatly not getting one either as they require far too much attention!
Lots of people said i should of just bought one with a package... but apparantly you cant get them through an SVA/IVA??? what fun is it if it's only for the 'odd' track day?

I was once told it would be cheaper to to turn a road car into a racer rather than a cup racer into a road car for that exact reason Steve.

i'm close to 15k on mine already, without the swanky box!
and i'm definatly not getting one either as they require far too much attention!
Lots of people said i should of just bought one with a package... but apparantly you cant get them through an SVA/IVA??? what fun is it if it's only for the 'odd' track day?

VIN plate off a cat c/d 197 booooom :wink: