Bummed off!!

...as you can see I've ordered a new 200 with a Leather Interior.....I'm due to pick it up today and the dealer has called to say it has arrived without the leather (but everything else).....so I'm really quite dissapointed......I have agreed to accept the car on the basis that the dealer orders a new 200 for the showroom with Leather and swaps the interior with the cloth interior currently in mine when it arrives; and I retain £1000 until it is fitted.....having said this, I might consider a change to the Recaro Seats if they can get those significantly quicker and can order them without ordering a car......any thoughts on doing this? Personally I think the Recaros are too high, but would welcome any opinions from those of you who have them fitted?

I'm not one for kicking up a fuss, and certainly don't want to reject the car and wait another painful 16 weeks....I have been given a set of Matts for what its worth!!

unlucky dude, surely they would have noticed the error on delivery ? Anyway, I would have Recaros myself, but get what you ordered, it will always niggle you if you dont!

^^^...yep...I'm sure your right.....really anoying as the Leather is something I have wanted for years and this is the first time I have been able to afford it!!

Go for the leather mate, you'll always have it in the back of your head that its what you wanted to begin with.

Or try for leather Recaro's :wink:

I don't hold much regard at all for leather, especially when you can't spec heated seats - it's 'orrible in winter!

Do the Recaros sit physically higher, or do you just sink into the normal seats more?

I find it a little worrying that they can mess that up ....

I have ordered a 200 Cup and then chosen the Black Speedlines instead of the anthracite cup specific wheels. I was thinking to myself I hope they still put all the cup chassis on e.g. the lowered and stiffened springs etc (because not sure how I would notice if they didn't)!

But then I thought, don't be stupid ... they will just enter the details of what your spec is in a computer and it would go down the production line and mr robot will just put it together.

so obviously they do manage to mess this up .... doh

Anyway I have gone with the Recaros as they look the nuts. But if you wanted leather stick with it !

Heated seats aren't especially difficult to retrofit, I fitted some to my leather Recaro's in my Puma, Waeco kit was only around £55.

Mike... Recaros do actually sit a little higher.

Russ... If it has cup chassis it will have red brembo's.

They are not built in the normal factory ,they are built in the old Alpine factory in Dieppe,so even more reason why they should'nt mess up.!!

How odd them being higher, oh well, there's worse things to be worried about.

Regarding heated seats, with the French's legendary electrics I won't be touching anything in that area that would even give them a sniff of a warranty refusal!! Good idea though.

If you specced the leather seats as your first choice I'd stay with it and make sure the dealer gets everything right for you. As has been said if you don't get them will will always be thinking 'I wonder what the leather interior would have been like'.

leather seats look nice.. before they start to sag after a few 1000miles. I would go with the recaros personally they look the nuts and they are more desirable, so you will get more when you come to sell it on too.

....I expected the Blue Tooth to be missing, but not the Leather! I was also paranoid that the cup suspension wouldn't be fitted (would not have accepted the car had that been the case).....red calipers can be specced without the cup suspension these days, but I have no doubt I have cup suspension as it is insanely stiff (more so that the Clio 197 cup previous).....so I have accepted the car. We have agreed (in writing) that the dealers will order their next show room car with Leather and swap the interiors when it arrives (in October). They have accepted that they will end up with a 4 month old interior!! I have retained over £1000, so I have payed only for the car I have so far.....the problem occured at Dieppe....the dealers order and computer audit all show Leather! Just one of those things, but Renault do cock it up more than most I fear!!