Bumper respray

Morty197

Clean all the things
Platinum Member
Had a run in with a Nissan Qashqai due to my handbrake failing :@. Car rolled into the (stupid oafish) truck and took a nice bit of paint off my car, See the pics.(Hit a lovely MK 3 Golf GTi:'(...but luckily I knew the bird driving it)

So I take it to the local bodyshop in Newbury (Woodlands) and the guy has a look at it. Within about 4 seconds he says 'This bumper has been sprayed before'. Never noticed before but now that he mentioned it I could see the difference in colour.
Raaaaa, the guy I got it from didn't tell me that:whatever: and made me feel a bit dirty/sick.
So I'm getting it sprayed tomorrow and will put some pics up for you all see if you can see the colour change (Also any local 197's can see if they want to use 'em)
Fingers crossed...
5144251824_20a175f946_b.jpg
5143643173_c450f6e84f_b.jpg

Its quite formal for plastic panels on a car to be a slightly different shade to metal panels. I wouldn't straight away say it's had a respray just because the colour is slightly off.

Anyway, hope you can get it sorted, thankfully it's not too bad

Its quite formal for plastic panels on a car to be a slightly different shade to metal panels. I wouldn't straight away say it's had a respray just because the colour is slightly off.

Anyway, hope you can get it sorted, thankfully it's not too bad

That's true, they did say they might be able to improve the colour difference though so all pluses really:clap: I will try and get a pic with the different colours though, see what everyone thinks. May just be the guy is trying to mug me off :tongue_smilie: Get some before and afters too...
Ta

That's true, they did say they might be able to improve the colour difference though so all pluses really:clap: I will try and get a pic with the different colours though, see what everyone thinks. May just be the guy is trying to mug me off :tongue_smilie: Get some before and afters too...
Ta

The colour difference is due to several things;
1. Plastic panels are sprayed by suppliers and not in the manufacturers body shop.
2. Metallic shades are dependant upon which way the paint is sprayed as this affects the way the metal particles in the paint lie (side to side or up/down)
3. The allowance manufacturers give suppliers on colour matching. they are issued with colour plates that give an upper and lower spec and they need to lie within those.
4. The curvature of the panel where it mates up to the vehicle body.