Cabasse audio system speakers

Found out that the 197 I'm getting has the Cabasse thingymebob. Would of preferred a the standard head unit so it would of been a easy swap out but beggars can't be choosers.

Anyway, does the Cabasse thingymebob include different speakers? Or are they the same as a standard stereo.

cabasse system has front and rear speakers and tweeters in dash, whether there different to standard i dont know, but the stereo output is larger than the standard unit, the head unit is actually under the drivers seat, the part in the dash is 6cd changer unit/control for the head unit.

Cheers for the replies.

Is it any good? I can live with just cd's so unless its shocking i plan to leave it in.

its not bad for a standard system, ive uprated my speakers , and fitted an underseat sub, and im pleased with the bass i get, its not ground shaking i can hear it from miles bass, but its good for what ive spent.

It's pretty easy to swap the cabasse system for an aftermarket system if you wanted to. The original cables are just extended from behind the dash to under the seat.

The only cable I had to buy an extension for was the aerial, as that just reaches under the seat.

luke did you pull out your cabasse system altogether? or does the unit under the seat need to stay in when fitting an aftermarket stereo?

You can leave it in if you want to, but it won't be doing anything. When you connect an aftermarket stereo you completely disconnect the part under the seat.

As above, I completely removed the system all together. The holder under the seat is only held in with a couple of rivets, drill them out and it all comes out. You will need to take your seat out to do that though. I did it so i could put a small under seat sub there.