Cambelt Change

Smorgan7

Platinum Member
hi, im looking to have my cambelt changed so im thinking of having cat cams installed the same time. Where would be the best place to have the work done and get remapped at the same time?

Im in south wales but dont mind travelling to get this kind of work done. I will message them both tomorrow. Thanks

Im in south wales but dont mind travelling to get this kind of work done. I will message them both tomorrow. Thanks

Engine Dynamics are spot on, I travelled down from Wiltshire and he couldn't be more welcoming. His work was second to none too, if you haven't had yours mapped, he's your man.

Engine Dynamics are spot on, I travelled down from Wiltshire and he couldn't be more welcoming. His work was second to none too, if you haven't had yours mapped, he's your man.
Is he able to fit cat cams and cambelt change?

Pretty sure cams are a waste of time on these cars unless your going for a full build.

Engine dynamics will probably tell you the same.

Pretty sure cams are a waste of time on these cars unless your going for a full build.

Engine dynamics will probably tell you the same.

This is true...for the sake of possibly not even 10bhp cams aren't worth doing on their own..

What do mean by a full build?

My car will have ktec induction kit and akrapovic full system fitted also

I e-mailed Andy about installing cams on my 197 a month or two ago and he basically said it's not worth it without installing a cat-back to go with them. If you have the £1700+ for belt, cams and a cat-back you'll get 16-20 bhp.

I e-mailed Andy about installing cams on my 197 a month or two ago and he basically said it's not worth it without installing a cat-back to go with them. If you have the £1700+ for belt, cams and a cat-back you'll get 16-20 bhp.

Good info - if a little frightening ! For not an awful lot...........

Reactions: Chris
Id say 16-20hp is generous also, going back to when TB Rich was doing a lot of this work, he spent thousands on the car without seeing them sort of gains.

Hmmmmm, thanks for all the replies. So im best off just going for the cambelt change and getting a remap?

Hmmmmm, thanks for all the replies. So im best off just going for the cambelt change and getting a remap?

Unless you're a N/A die-hard and crave the cammed/ ITB'd route then i'd say yes !

A Remap will make alot of difference on a standard car in terms of enjoyment and real-World driveability. Not in terms of sheer power. That was enough for me (Engine Dynamics BTW) :smile:

If you're getting it mapped, go for a cat back exhaust, decat and some sort of air filter change! May as well make the most of the map! I made 201.7bhp at Engine Dynamics and it certainly felt better.

Awesome thats decided then ill just go for a remap to compliment the ktec induction kit and akrapovic full system exhaust.

On a side note does anyone else do the coolant hose kit apart from ktec as im after orange hoses to match the induction kit?