Cambelt service recommendation

Hi Guys,

My car will be due it's 4th service early April and just wondered whether it was worth getting the belts done a year early or not? Reason I ask is my journey to work is only 10/11 miles - so lots of short trips every day and not sure what effect (if any) this will have on their wear?

Is this worthwhile or am I being overly cautious?

Asking now as I'll need to put some cash aside if it needs doing.

Cheers.

depends on the mileage mate the belts do perish over time aswell, and i know people like to get they're belts changed early but a year early i dont see any need to imo

Had mine done 9 month early cause I didn't want to wait for 72000 or 5 yrs better safe then sorry

Had mine done 9 month early cause I didn't want to wait for 72000 or 5 yrs better safe then sorry

do agree with the better safe then sorry im having mine done now at 519 automotive roughly 3 months early iirc

Cheers guys - it's only done 23.5k miles but as I said it's the daily short journey that makes me nervous.

Not sure what to do to be honest. Have to mull it over!

I can't see the short trips your doing making any difference to belts. And from what I'm hearing from people that have had them changed after 5 years there has been very little wear on them. The 200's are on a 6 year belt change.

Your right Rich they said there was no sign of wear on mine but the Aux belt pullie thingy was worn it started to squeal