Cambelt time

Before! That's why I'm worried...part of me says trust the service book, part of me says don't! £600 is a lot to waste on things it only "had done" 20k ago! Seems a bit early for an aux belt to start giving up the ghost though don't you think?

It might not even been done, if the previous owner or even garage prob will have just done the minimum and changed the cam belt! Without proof it's hard to justify what they've done

It might not even been done, if the previous owner or even garage prob will have just done the minimum and changed the cam belt! Without proof it's hard to justify what they've done

Yeah exactly...will double check the service book tomorrow! Might get the whole lot done for peace of mind...should probably renew my breakdown cover too soon, definitely tempting fate lol..

It's never a pleasant time for the wallet Beany but so worth getting it done - where did you decide to take it in the end, DDC??

@Benno996 £600 is a lot of money to spend on it if it has been done, but the peace of mind you'd have would be invaluable :smile: I'm guessing only a Renault main dealer would have the details stored for a specific car, but might be a longer shot with a regular garage??

Reactions: Beany and Benno
Yeah exactly...will double check the service book tomorrow! Might get the whole lot done for peace of mind...should probably renew my breakdown cover too soon, definitely tempting fate lol..

Not sure i would trust a tick in the book tbh with no invoice - call the garage that did it they may be able to verify it? if its overdue get it done it will also look good and help you when you decide to sell it on.

Reactions: Benno
It's never a pleasant time for the wallet Beany but so worth getting it done - where did you decide to take it in the end, DDC??

@Benno996 £600 is a lot of money to spend on it if it has been done, but the peace of mind you'd have would be invaluable :smile: I'm guessing only a Renault main dealer would have the details stored for a specific car, but might be a longer shot with a regular garage??

Yea I've booked into DDC, I was thinking about taking it to Trev, however every service / mot has been in Stockport and it's quite a trek so gone locally this time.

Reactions: Jimmy
Which will just end up rattly and horrid. Maybe not in your ownership mind.

If you wanna know what it will end up sounding like; give me a nudge and i'll go and start the boys Corsa up and record it for you :tearsofjoy:

Yeah think I’ll have sold it after 10 years or so. But she’s 4 now so next year I’d have perhaps been looking at it if it were a mk3...

Similar Thread Suggestions