Can't decide which exhaust

I know there are loads of threads about exhausts but i cant decide which.... its between Miltek and Scorpion cat back. Both resonated versions.

Basically my standard exhaust is starting to make funny noises, think maybe the baffles have gone in the middle silencer, so i need to replace it soon but dont want anything loud or boomy that will ruin motorway drives etc. (and Renault replacement is £900+ :S)

I keep swinging between Miltek and Scorpion. Initially i thought Miltek as think its the quietest aftermarket exhaust(??), but then found out they dont do the slash cut tips which i would prefer so was swayed towards Scorpion. But then think Scorpion is louder so gone back to Miltek but read other posts about fitment/alignment issues and problems with build quality?

Help!! So if someone has a internal and external video of resonated Scorpion then it might help me decide if its too loud or not.

Thanks in advance!

I've always fancied the Scorpion myself, resonated.

Sounds great and they offer a system with slash cut tips so it looks more "OEM" / fits flush with the 197 diffuser.

Also seen a few posts recently about Milltek systems being a bit rattly - although this maybe just down to how they're fitted/worn exhaust hangers/mounts etc etc.

I remember reading bits previously about the Milltek system getting too hot and melting the rear diffuser? Not sure how common that actually is, but apparently the KTEC system, which is identical, doesn't....

ETA: this video should help, although it isn't mine :smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCrnKT0ddZA

I picked up a 2nd hand scorpion non-res at the weekend.. Will see how that sounds also came with a de-cat! If it gets too loud may get a res section fitted restropective

I've always fancied the Scorpion myself, resonated.

Sounds great and they offer a system with slash cut tips so it looks more "OEM" / fits flush with the 197 diffuser.

Also seen a few posts recently about Milltek systems being a bit rattly - although this maybe just down to how they're fitted/worn exhaust hangers/mounts etc etc.

I remember reading bits previously about the Milltek system getting too hot and melting the rear diffuser? Not sure how common that actually is, but apparently the KTEC system, which is identical, doesn't....

ETA: this video should help, although it isn't mine :smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCrnKT0ddZA

Yeah sounds nice. Just worried it will be loud inside as well? Want to be able to cruise at 60mph on motorway, be able to talk to passengers and not get a headache lol

Also read posts about Miltek melting diffusers too. Just makes me lean towards to the scorpion, but just that question mark about how loud it is.

Yeah sounds nice. Just worried it will be loud inside as well? Want to be able to cruise at 60mph on motorway, be able to talk to passengers and not get a headache lol

Also read posts about Miltek melting diffusers too. Just makes me lean towards to the scorpion, but just that question mark about how loud it is.

I don't think any Resonated exhausts will be THAT loud tbh... The rev's aren't really high enough at sensible cruising speeds in 6th gear to cause too much noise.

I'd be interested to see a video from inside the car of a resonated scorpion at circa 60-70mph if anyone has one though :smile:

I got a miltek of a member on here in January (resonated ) and would def recommended mate. Sounds just exactly as I would want , louder than standard but not too loud. I had a scorpion resonated on my 172 and also really liked that. Can you not meet a member close to you with maybe both and decide from there ? Def to far from me for me to let you hear mine.

have a listen on youtube..thats what i did and ended up with something completely different :lol: